APC40 Traktor Pro Red Mapping (a final solution) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

i have no clue why this isnt working for me... did dumb mode, opened traktor, loaded tsi...shows that all the mappings are there yet nothing happens?

i re-open the settings menu and its back to generics?

what am i doing wrong (n)

Tech Student

You habe to select Akai APC 40 in both of the deck sections, the mixer and the EQ sections (list is on top in the command manager) as in and out device.

I've found my problem to be within the midi management of windows. Drew's fix could help out for everyone on windows having similar problems, I'll give it a try later.

Best regards,
    Chris

Edit: Ok, for this .tsi Drew's fix doesn't help me b/c you can select only one device for each Midi in out pair in the fix.
    I've now deleted all the Midi üut commands and set my asio latency higher, its a pity those LEDs don't work properly for me.
    Last edited by d3fcon2; 01-30-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Tech Convert

i don't know what i'm doing wrong here..

so the top right drop down list, are you talking about that? (its set to external mixer)

where are the deck selections? (is it the drop down arrow under A & B? if so there is no 'apc40' selection) mixer and eq sections?

ive been trying to get this going for 3 days now, i was a cdj dj so im not familiar at all with any interfaces or anything, complete virtual dj nooob! haha

Tech Student

Hi,

check out the attachment, thats what the controller manager section looks like in the traktor settings. Be sure to have selected akai apc 40 as "in port" and "out port" for all of the following devices: deck a & b, c & d, mixer, eq.
    Restart traktor and you should be fine.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Last edited by d3fcon2; 01-31-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: removed typing errors

Tech Convert

Chris thank you! i have various things working now!

i have all the lights for the decks working, the effects section, the cue knob scrolling through the list, high mids lows, filter!

now what i see that isn't,the lights for every other button except the 'deck selection' ones are not on. The lights for the all the knobs aren't turning green (not a big thing really) and the volume for the channels are not working and only deck a plays music

Edit: there is a delay after i hit a cue point (when it reverts back to the cue point) or even when i play a song.. any ideas?
    Last edited by BlindBeatz; 01-31-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Tech Convert

It would be nice to see where this project has come, any updated TSI available?
    Last edited by maverikk; 03-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maverikk View Post
    It would be nice to see where this project has come, any updated TSI available?
    This is the last update i did on the original .tsi, i saw some guys modified to their needs: http://www.sendspace.com/file/70yx3o

Remember this version was ment to work with the lpd8 as a second controller so all the FX`S work there.

Besides that i made some upgrades from the version of the video, it has a mode that let you play the 4 decks at the same time, also there are some functions that are not easy to see if they are not explained.

I´ve out of traktor for a while because im working on a live act we a couple of buddies on ableton, so im using the apc for live and im also using an ipad so my work its focused on the ipad.

Any question i would be very happy to give you an answer... I hope i´ve been helpfull...
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjmg View Post
    This is the last update i did on the original .tsi, i saw some guys modified to their needs: http://www.sendspace.com/file/70yx3o

Remember this version was ment to work with the lpd8 as a second controller so all the FX`S work there.

Besides that i made some upgrades from the version of the video, it has a mode that let you play the 4 decks at the same time, also there are some functions that are not easy to see if they are not explained.

I´ve out of traktor for a while because im working on a live act we a couple of buddies on ableton, so im using the apc for live and im also using an ipad so my work its focused on the ipad.

Any question i would be very happy to give you an answer... I hope i´ve been helpfull...
    Thanks for the the update! Hope your live act is going well, after all that's what the APC was designed for

any kind of visual mapping for this -to see what the mapping looks like?
    also, is the whole LED issue sorted? i know people were getting issues with the send state. is this where dumb mode comes in?

one other question - if i don't install ableton and only use it for traktor -will there be issues?

Tech Wizard

jesus this is sexy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast