Having LED arcade buttons or LEDs above the arcade buttons - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by the klinsmann View Post
    Hi,
    this is the wiringplan for the leds of the vci100. Ground is missing in this pic because it just connects the circuitboard with the case..
    Would you have the wiring diagram for the opposite end that connects to the controller, this would be helpful for those that have cut the led wires previously to do the arcade mod. If available, the two diagrams together would possibly aid in deciphering all of these wires. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sleeps41; 10-26-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: redo

Tech Wizard

Ha, I was wondering when someone was going to ask about the wire numbering. Since I work with electricians daily...they have a numbering tape system that are basically little numbered lables from 1 to 50 or even more... You can get this in the electrical section at home depot. I numbered all the wires before I cut them...using the photo at the top of this thread; that way I wouldn't lose track of the wires and where they went. Then got the harness and installed each wire into it following the numbered wires 1-11. The number 12 wire (ground) I didn't use. I think it's for grounding the circuit boards together for electrical surges/safety but not required.

I will make a video of the steps required to make the certain parts including the wiring/harness/and connections soon. This should help 'walk' through the steps.

....including the numbered wires to the pcb board that were cut previously from the original arcade mod. Not to worry.,,
    Last edited by bcondemi; 10-26-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks, will be looking forward to the video.

Tech Wizard

The Vci-100 arcade button with 2 color l.e.d. modification is complete. (took some time to get the buttons). Working on the step by step video tutorial next couple days and will be posted this weekend.
    All I can say...Awesome (wait till you see disco mode with the arcade buttons flashing!)

BC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123