Having LED arcade buttons or LEDs above the arcade buttons - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tech Wizard

That first photo of the vci-100 button circuit board....does anyone see the six wires (colored green) for the l.e.d.s. ( plus the blue ground )....aren't there actually eight l.e.d.s? ( two per button ).Shouldn't there be eight wires (colored green) for each l.e.d. Plus their ground?
    Why only six wires?

Default wiringplan

Hi,
    this is the wiringplan for the leds of the vci100. Ground is missing in this pic because it just connects the circuitboard with the case..

Midi is right. . .unless you can find the OBSF-24 "skeletons", the LED wont' be efficient enough. . .

You may want to check out shoryuken.com forums. . .It's an arcade stick modding board, and there are some good ideas about LED's and mods for the buttons (Although the easier attainable one are semitsu) tt's not tailored to the midifighter, and it uses game boards.

It could (however) be a possibility for midi using HID-to-Midi translators.

Tech Wizard

Default Led diagram

Thank-you very much for the wiring diagram. Perfect.
    As for the buttons, I found one with a clear top. I'm in the process of mounting the led's in the button and will post some pics shortly.

Tech Wizard

I did the led in the button mod. And looks excellent. You havev to drill into the button' plastic housing at it's base... Plus cut a slot in the button itself and it all fits.

I got it to work.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by bcondemi View Post
    I did the led in the button mod. And looks excellent. You havev to drill into the button' plastic housing at it's base... Plus cut a slot in the button itself and it all fits.

I got it to work.

BC
    Glad to hear you got it to work. Were you able to utilize two different colored led's or just one color? I'm trying to figure out how to do this in order to utilize two led's as originally intended but with the arcade mod (this way I can take full advantage of the new firmware). My main concern is primarily sorting out the wiring. Will be looking forward to seeing your pics, also, could you help us out with the site were you got your buttons from? Thanks.
    Last edited by Sleeps41; 10-26-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: reworded my posting

As I was looking for more info on this mod I came across the how to by bcondemi. This answers my previous posting. So here are the links to help everyone else out.

Part 1
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ght=led+arcade

Part 2
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...ght=led+arcade

I hope this helps. Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to this posting.
    Last edited by Sleeps41; 10-26-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: reworded

I've done a fair bit of modding on arcadesticks and such and the Seimitsu PS-14-D-N-K would be perfect for something like this.

Also PS-14-K-N for smaller buttons.
    These are great buttons that easily would stand the test of time.

[QUOTE=The Progen;146134]

Was wondering if you had a pic of the opposite end of this harness, this way we can get a visual as to how it lays out in order to assist those that have previously cut the led wires so we can figure out the numbering of each wire. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast