you know youre a DJ when.... - Page 9
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    when you go to the club and notice every single mistake the DJ makes throughout the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasapa View Post
    you run from one side of ur day job into the lobby because u hear the faint sounds of a song youve heard sampled but cant place what remix it was...
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    When you can guess a song by the first bar of its intro (even if it's just a drum beat).
    Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    When you give people a lecture for using the word "techno".
    Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    ... when hearing slightly off beatmatching makes you tweak a non-existant spindle on your leg and/or brake a non-existent platter with your middle finger against the other leg, until the dj gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by dubgiant View Post
    ...when you try to beatmatch your windshield wipers with your turning signals

....when you are guilty of all of these and then some

Quote Originally Posted by mistertuckshop View Post
    It's a typo of ridiculous.

- when you've been working on a minimix for so long that you get confused when you hear a song from it out of context and your next track doesn't start to come in when you expect it to
    nope this happens to me even when listening to favorite mixes for too long.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    when you go to the club and notice every single mistake the DJ makes throughout the night.
    Haha! Everytime im supposed to have a good night out, im always sittin' there saying "that was a wery bad mixx, hey whats he doing? ouch my ears! to much hipass, NO beatmatch!, sloppy work!" etc.. But then again, the dj's around my area, arent that good (and im not saying im better).

Well, you know your a DJ when you automaticly build a remix in your head when you hear a good acapella.

You know your a DJ when you analyze a track anywhere heard, and how it would sound in a mashup.

You know your a DJ when you get sick of hearing all electronic music called "techno" by the youngsters..

And you know when your a DJ when you throw vinyls instead of knives, working for the Yakuza.. HAHA.

Cheers!
    VCI-100SE
    MBP 13" (New Generation)
    Ableton Live - Traktor PRO
    http://myspace.com/joelliljekvist

Fuck...I am sitting here....doing some REALLY mundane data capturing.

Wondering if there is a way to use modifiers....to be able to copy selection when clicking the wheel of the mouse the first time....and pasting when you click it again!

Controllerism.....its coming to GET YA!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post

-you do know that just being loud and clippping is never, ever good.

I once played at a party hosted by a local guy I know who thinks he is the shit, and basically the greatest electro DJ ever. Like, he thinks he is the next Steve Aoki, or wants to be. He violently clipped through his entire set, (using Ableton Live mind you, so instead of the soft clip you get if you are too loud in Traktor, we had to listen to some very hard clipping the entire time). When I say violently, I mean VIOLENTLY, he was clipping on Ableton, both channels of the mixer, and the mixer's master out. During me and my friend's sets, he would walk up and grab the gains on the mixer and crank it up so that we would start clipping too. I spent pretty much my entire set turning down the volume.

Afterwards, my friend posted a link to a Wikipedia article on clipping and volume meters on his facebook. He deleted it, and neither of us have heard from him since. I don't know if he has changed, but somehow I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by rt24 View Post
    When you give people a lecture for using the word "techno".
    Lol goddamit, yes! "dude... That's not tech, that's more like house..." "no... I think I would know, favorite artist" "Not to be a dick or anything..." lol
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gravekeepr View Post
    I once played at a party hosted by a local guy I know who thinks he is the shit, and basically the greatest electro DJ ever. Like, he thinks he is the next Steve Aoki, or wants to be. He violently clipped through his entire set, (using Ableton Live mind you, so instead of the soft clip you get if you are too loud in Traktor, we had to listen to some very hard clipping the entire time). When I say violently, I mean VIOLENTLY, he was clipping on Ableton, both channels of the mixer, and the mixer's master out. During me and my friend's sets, he would walk up and grab the gains on the mixer and crank it up so that we would start clipping too. I spent pretty much my entire set turning down the volume.

Afterwards, my friend posted a link to a Wikipedia article on clipping and volume meters on his facebook. He deleted it, and neither of us have heard from him since. I don't know if he has changed, but somehow I highly doubt it.
    i love that I am not the only one that knows these kinds of ppl. I know a guy jsut like that, thinks he is the shit and all. met him spinning at a friends party. I thought he as good, but this was before I got gear and learned the basics.

after i got my gear and leanred the basics i listened to one of his mixes on one of his 4 (yes thats a four) soundclouds.

not only was it clip-city, but it was a trainwreck...and full of the top edm music (guetta, afrojack, etc.). I "constructively" critisized it and he proceeeded to un-friend me and threaten to sue me for defamation of character lol

Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJMutagen View Post
    Lol goddamit, yes! "dude... That's not tech, that's more like house..." "no... I think I would know, favorite artist" "Not to be a dick or anything..." lol
    I said this on another thread:

Our retaliatory response. go to a death metal show and be like "so are they only gonna play this classic rock?"

hehe

Gianmarco
    DJEditorHugger

Tech Guru

also

Quote Originally Posted by Gravekeepr View Post
    he would walk up and grab the gains on the mixer and crank it up so that we would start clipping too.
    if someone tried to grab my gear during MY set, someones gonna get arrested

Gianmarco
    DJEditorHugger

You know your a DJ/Producer when you would rather stay home and work on a mix/track than go out with friends!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast