New Traktor? New NI Controller? - Page 69
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 LastLast
    Tech Guru

the shades in the wavefrom don't really offer much, if you compare them to what Serato's look like. seeing the colors thru the lenght of the song, really gives you a great advantage to know when the vocals start, when the bass is hitting, etc. I think S4 looks great, but with real colored waveforms this thing would rock. If they have the shades of gray, i wonder how much more they would need to code to give it colors.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lol4k View Post
    Hey guys !

Does anyone know if we should have the same problem resolution with the S4 Software ?

i.e. you could see FX bank + Deck A B C D + librairy on one screen with a minimum 15" screen ?

I would like to get a mac, but dunno if I take a 13" or 15" ...

thx cya !
    Could always get a 13 mbp like I did and also a 24" flatscreen monitor. Makes it so much easier to see everything in traktor plus u can free up the laptop screen for searching for stuff outside traktor. I know it's not ideal but if u play regularly ata venue u cam always leave ur monitor or have one at home and another at the venue u can get 2x 22" or the same as one 24" these days

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lol4k View Post
    Hey guys !

Does anyone know if we should have the same problem resolution with the S4 Software ?

i.e. you could see FX bank + Deck A B C D + librairy on one screen with a minimum 15" screen ?

I would like to get a mac, but dunno if I take a 13" or 15" ...

thx cya !
    I have the 13'' and i find it small at times. Especially when you expand the Cue/Grid panels.

on the 13'' in 4 decks mode, when I expand the Cue/Grid panel the UI automatically hides the upper section with the FX/metronome/record/master.

15'' (1440x900) is better for sure, but 13'' would work. The UI component which suffers most is the library section, which only shows few (3 to ~8) files.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    the shades in the wavefrom don't really offer much, if you compare them to what Serato's look like. seeing the colors thru the lenght of the song, really gives you a great advantage to know when the vocals start, when the bass is hitting, etc. I think S4 looks great, but with real colored waveforms this thing would rock. If they have the shades of gray, i wonder how much more they would need to code to give it colors.
    By the sounds of it, not much more code would be needed to do such a thing.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

^ well went to TP yesterday and messed around with the settings and yes this is available in TP in yellow, but really it doesn't show much, even if they were colored the way its set up. They'd need to make some changes to the waveforms and thats probably some work.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Oh man, waiting for this thing is unbearable. I bought a NanoKontrol in order to be able to do something remotely dj-like. My other controller is windows only, and cant use that anymore since I got my mac.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Any chance the Native Recorder from T3 might make a comeback? I loved that thing for laying down promos. sucks when you're 30 minutes deep in a promo set and the phone rings with a must answer call and you have to start all over. I loved being able to pause it and go back in were I left off.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Native Mix Recorder has not made it into S4 im afraid.
    Traktor S4 has the same recording feature as the current Traktor.

nooooooooooooo.......o well. I'm still in.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Mentor

Anyone got a guess on the release date?