New Traktor? New NI Controller? - Page 13
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was drooling over the Denon DN-X1600, but this has shifted my attention for the time being.

Here's another thought. Does the top look like it has a lip on it just above the jog wheels? If the controller's laid out like the software then that would be the FX section. If it does have a lip maybe that section is modular? Not sure that makes a lot of sense...I'm going to go watch the video again.

Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

This thing certainly looks pretty awesome. But for all those DJ's who have ever work in a small both before, how in the world are you going to be able take this thing from gig to gig if you're working in a tiny booth (especially with another DJ)?

The overall footprint for all the digital DJ stuff (MIDI controller, laptop, sound card, etc.) already takes up enough room in the booth (put a Serato guy in the booth and you've got to deal with two laptops and two soundcards), my only reservation is that this isn't really a portable setup and it'd be tough for more "amateur" djs who are performing in a non-DJ friendly booth.

photojojo that makes sense. Four knobs for effects (one for selecting the effect the other to control the parameters), and those knobs above the EQ section to alternate between Key and Filter, making use of those Traktor feats.

ni workers says that its true there is built in sound card nice. they says it to polish dj mag guys.
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Tech Guru

...my only reservation is that this isn't really a portable setup and it'd be tough for more "amateur" djs who are performing in a non-DJ friendly booth.
    If this isn't portable, then you're doing it wrong. Seriously, this is pretty portable. Looks to be about 20-24" across. And considering this and a laptop is all you need, I don't see the problem. If you're working in booths that don't have 24" of space for you, I think you might need to move the DJ booth out of the locker it's currently stuffed in. This will sit on top of a turntable easily, and it's only 4-8" bigger than a VCI-300.

Tech Wizard

this just my personal opinion
    It's seem closer to Ableton live...nothing new or specials
    If ableton live can control BPM for each Track in the set..and update some function to use with midi controller (just like browser or etc.)
    I think Traktor will be dead for sure..

Tech Wizard

And coz' This
    "I'm Exactly know Why Vestax,A&H are moving Focus in to the ITCH"

god i wish i wasnt going on holiday from tomorrow till august 17..

ill miss you all, and the speculation here. keep it up guys, see yall after the break!

Hanging out for more information on this one.. I'm actually looking at it and thinking that a vci-100 would make an awesome companion as a dedicated EFX unit, or for deck 3/4 & sampler control, to remove some of the "shift" functionality which will be in the new controller (the bane of my existence).

Loving the speculation over here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --