New Traktor? New NI Controller? - Page 11
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Okänd View Post
    May I ask when in August?

(Obviously I can actually ask whatever I want, you just don't have to reply)
    The current date is (like every announcement) flexible by a week so theres no point in me saying the date which i cant say anyway.

Literally every bit of "permitted" info on this "new stuff" is in the public domain right now. Everything else is Confidential.

Tech Guru

I've never seen a device that supports this, let alone seen the midi options in Traktor that let you set this up. You mean Traktor will output midi that allows you to light up LEDS based on channel volume?
    Then you've never pressed the ADD OUT button in Traktor's controller manager. They've had this messaging for years (before Traktor Pro, you would switch the message to an output message).

As far as hardware goes, we've been using MIDI output to drive the LEDs on both the SCS.1 and SCS.3 controllers (which all have peak metering in their Traktor presets).

It's been around for a long time.

EDIT - Forgot to say that VirtualDJ also has extensive support for MIDI feedback - including peak metering.

Tech Mentor

My two biggest questions, which I hope will be answered in august if not earlier are,

1) How much will we need to pay for the new update. It's NI, they'll charge us for every new feature.

2) Will the new controller's sound card be compatible with traktor scratch? It would be a real shame to have to daisy chain this thing to an audio 8...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    It's NI, they'll charge us for every new feature.
    NI have never charged for a feature.
    They only charge for 'Version Revisions"

Detail, but important detail.

Tech Convert

I'm still waiting for Native Mix to be returned!

the Sample deck gets a Big Thumbs up but bringing back Native Mix? pffft...that would be ridiculous!

theRoyal1.com
    | YouTube | MySpace

HP HDX18t Q9100 8GB DDR3 | Korg Zero 4 | 2x 1200mkII | QSC HPR152i + 181i

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    My two biggest questions, which I hope will be answered in august if not earlier are,

1) How much will we need to pay for the new update. It's NI, they'll charge us for every new feature.

I agree with you, the more I look at it, I seriously seriously doubt that this will be an update. I think this will be Traktor Pro 2. There is no way NI would kick out all of their products in that sale they just had to then lose out on money by not charging?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

This has actually made me reconsider going back to Traktor after giving up on it and switching to a VCI-300 with Itch...

... also made me check the forums for the 1st time in forever too!
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    This things setup reminds me a lot of your work flow Brad.

2 decks and samplers.

Should be up your alley!
    Lots like mine as well - It's rare that I run a 'full' 3rd deck - the tunes I play are way too busy.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

if it will be free update for traktor will be great and then i can buy this controller, but if ni will get a cash for update of t.pro which is currently in 1.2.x version, to 1.3 or they make 2.0, it will be really weird situation )
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Tech Guru

I'm really excited to this... I don't have a main controller and soundcard yet, maybe this is my chance to buy a full professional traktor setup