Use 2 buttons on controller to make an action? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

You bring up some good points Dvls and thats exactly why i am still using Bomes(that and boy it is alot cleaner code).
    With modifers you are limited to having 8 sections of your mixer change 8 different times if you dont want to have any conflicts, i can personally see myself chewing up those 8 sections in no time. I am pretty anal with my setup and totally cannot bare not being able to do something because i have something else engaged - its not allways possible with small form factor gear but i think i do pretty good considering.

Great quality posts you have been doing answering peoples questions on the board by the way dude- they are certainly not going unnoticed

Tech Guru

Hey,
    this is a great tutorial. All I hope is to see a really cool setup for the VCI-300 and Traktor Pro soon. I would love to see what a real coder could come up with.
    2-4 decks, fx and so on..
    Thanks so much

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'm finishing up my two deck solution (implementing my two PadKontrols). Once this is done and clean I'm going to sit and implement my 4 Deck Solution. The .tsi is going to be HUGE, and, well, if you don't have the PadKontrols you can just remove those functions and still have all the switching power on the VCI-100.

Claudek, don't wait for someone to make that really cool function. The more you make them the faster it goes. At this point, when I am creating a new .tsi I start blank and build from scratch. That way the individual .tsi's get their own logic.

See, Bento, I don't think you are that restricted with modifiers. You have 8 sections, but realistically, with a creative use of the modifiers you can jump button by button. The first .tsi I posted allows you to go from modifier 1 to 2, 3, and 4, Modifier 2 to 1, 3 and 4, etc. etc. etc. So, if you had a controller that was an 8x8 with LED readout you could possibly jump from modifier to modifier easily. In fact, this is what I want to eventually turn my MIDIFighter into.

Also, as an aside, Claudek, thanks for asking these questions. It's forced me to really dig into the modifiers and try and get a more serious grasp of how to program them. And it's given me time to think and study my way of doing it so I can explain it better. In short, thanks for not knowing so I have had to learn :-)

Now if I could only force Bomes to work, then I'd give Bento a run for his money.
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 11-19-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: feeling gracious
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

cool..Can't wait to see what your tsi wil be like
    I really need a 3-4 deck one, but will be happy with a tight and functional
    2 deck design for now. Seems Itch is cool,but I am itching for FX too

As much as I do like the Serato interface, more than Traktors, it's just too limiting.

I need to finish up this two deck .tsi... THEN I'm on to four decks. THEN I need to start scaling everything down.

God, I need 6 months off from work.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Hi again..
    anyway you could make a modifier that could make the "autoloop" button have two functions: hitting it once turns on auto loop and holding it down turns the low eq into the filter ??
    Cheers

I smell soon some cool VCI-300 templates and maybe even a new PIMP KIT PLATE for the 300. & TPro.

Wait... so you want to press the button once to toggle something and then press and hold to push the EQ knob on the filter?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Yes, like the low eq could change to the filter if maybe the "half" button is toggled on..If the Autoloop button is on (loop going), it would still work as well..well, something like this..Just an idea though would be cool.
    What do you think?

I don't think this is really possible.

You can set a button to both toggle the Loop and the Modifier at the same time, so whenever you turn on the looping function the EQ changes function. There is no "half" button.

The problem with this is when you wanted to trigger a loop it would change the modifier. That could get hairy. Or, more frustratingly, whenever you wanted to change the knob function you would have to trigger a loop. If this is something you always do then that shouldn't be a problem.

What you might want to look at is using functions that are more linked. So, whenever you press down the Effect On button, it changes what the knobs do. This way, you both turn on the effect AND have control over it. This isn't a perfect solution either, but it could work.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Hey DvlsAdvct ,
    Here is a VCI300 tsi I am trying to make..real simple. I am trying to make the SHIFT button (middle of unit) by holding turns the monitor mix on, and by holding SHIFT and CUE1/CUE 2 it turns on FX1/FX2..I then want to make another knob control the amount of send (platter) and holding maybe another button and another for rate..Well, gets tricky. I am for now wanting to toggle the FX1 FX2, so they turn off when pushing them down.
    My code is messy maybe...There must be a way to toggle between a filter for bass or just bass as EQ.. here is my tsi so far..I tried but server would not accept the tsi so put on SendSpace.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ay6vev

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast