Xsession Pro as a mixer
    Tech Convert

Default Xsession Pro as a mixer

Hey guys I'm a noob DJ and I just set up my axiom25 with traktor pro using the oxygen8 .tsi file. I have a Xsession-Pro and I want to use it as a mixer, is there anyone who has a .tsi file that has the Xsession pro mapped to do the following;

-Control the crossfader
    -Browse my playlist and load songs
    -Control the track volumes and pitch
    -Split or 'cue' songs to my headphones

If nobody has a Tsi file setup to do these things then if someone could help me in making my own setup that would be a huge help, thank you.

Tech Wizard

It shouldn't be that hard to map manually in traktor, no fancy modifiers or stuff. I'd do it for you but I don't have a xsession.

Tech Convert

ok I mapped my xsession pro the way I want it, now I need to screw around with my axiom25. I have the keyboard set up right but I want the 8 knobs to control 8 effects, and have the 8 pads turn the respective knobs on. Could anyone tell me how to set this up effectively?

Tech Wizard

You should be able to do that by mapping the pads to effect on (or effect # on, if you are using chained), and mapping the various knobs to effect (#) amount and wet dry chained.

I think you might be able to use effect select to scroll through the effects, but I'm not sure. I'll check with one of the knobs on my VCI in a bit.

Tech Convert

thanks man, I really appreciate the help.

Tech Convert

ok I got the keybinds to respond to the knobs but my effects aren't being applied, even when the orange light next to the virtual knob lights up.

EDIT: Problem was channels were not assigned, all fixed now.
    Last edited by DJcasper; 07-18-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Tech Wizard

Is the wet dry in the wet position? Also, are the effects assigned to the decks you want?

Since you don't have any good way of mapping the route FX, I'd just set deck A/C to FX 1 and deck B/D to FX 2.

EDIT: Too slow.