Vestax VCI Traktor pro Pitch problem
    Tech Wizard

Default Vestax VCI Traktor pro Pitch problem

Anyone experienced a problem after loading the latest config file and 1.3 firmware with Traktor Pro? My pitch control does not function correctly at all? Should move correctly with the controller with full range.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's just visual you still get the full range range. If you want to see the full range of movement you'll have to edit the tsi.

Click on the big gear logo in the upper right corner to get to the preference pane, then click on the controller manager section inside the preference pane. Once your in the controller manager and click on the control column to sort it by name. Find the tempo controls, should be 12 of them, and change the rotary sensitivity to 100% in all of them. You can double click on the number and type 100 in.

Next go to the Transport section of the preference pane and click on reset pitch range 8%. You can choose one of the other ranges here, but you'll lose sensitivity.

Let us know how it goes.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Default Vestax VCI 100 Traktor pitch problem

Thanks for the info. I made the adjustments you suggested. the following happened.

previously with standard default Traktor config file you have a pitch control range of 110.40 - 129.60 with the centre position set at 120

After loading the techtools config file without making your adjustments you would have a pitch range of 120 - 139.23 with a centre position of 129.39

After your adjustments i now have the range 110.40-129.60 but a varied centre position of either 120.08/119.92 or 119.77.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Andrew

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I get a variance if 0.1% sometimes 0.2% in the center position as well. Not sure why that is, maybe because the VCI isn't HID? Anyone care to chime in on that? You can hold Shift and center the cross fader to zero it out. It's also wise to hold shift and center the crossfader when you start Traktor for the first time as well. If you don't the first time you move it it will jump the full 8%.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x