BradCee fantastic VCI 100 (1.2fw) 4 deck control (TPro)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BradCee fantastic VCI 100 (1.2fw) 4 deck control (TPro)

Ladies and Gentleman of the VCI100 firware version 1.2 persuasion, i present my awesome new map for 4 deck control on the VCI

VCI 100 [Brad_Cee Edition] V3.0

Version 1 of this map was on T3, 2 was on Tpro, but got messy so tidied up and is now 3, tsi is called V2 though, as Tpro 2nd version.

Hit the thumbnail for the mapping layout (can't get the sizing right ), also it's the overlay i was going to have. glad i changed my mind

Notable details;
    EQ buttons, are set as a toggle, hit once for each of the decks a/c or b/d - the little red lights on the left light up to show the decks that you have eq control over.

The little black buttons on the left do an 'echo freeze' using delay in fx bank 1 in advanced mode

Transform buttons are done with a gater in fx bank 2, advanced mode

FX banks 3 and 4 are beatslicers (advance mode), 3 is used for Sampler 1/Deck C page and 4 is used for Sampler 2/Deck D page in the sampler section

The fx banks start in advanced mode, but the middle light section in the 'sampler bit' (formerly effects on default map) controls fx for decks a and b. Hit the related little button, it'll switch the fx bank into chained, and assign to that deck. First 2 buttons are presets for A, and second 2 are presets for B, the knobs line up with the screen.
    When you 'activate' deck A's fx, the delay moves to fx bank 2 so you still have echo freeze function.

On the sampler section, after copying a deck, holding shift and turning the 'sampler deck' up will turn down and stop the deck you just copied.
    Holding shift and hitting either little button on sampler 1 or 2 does a 'quick sample'. In that is assigns the Beatslicer in that related fx bank (3 or 4) to that deck (A or B). This is useful for when you have a loop playing over another track, want to hold it for a bit then mix in something else.

In juggle/mash for decks a and b, the lights under the transform will light up (might be wrong way round, i hot wired a couple of new leds into middle of vci for this - if they are, find the outputs for modifiers 5 and 6 and swap the midi notes around A#4 and B4 i think). You HAVE to press the Mash button (loop ordinarily) to set the masher (and reverb) on. Hold shift and press the (now) cue buttons to activate preset parameters. This won't work if you don't press mash (the transform light will flash when you have). This has been done as a fail safe, as when it jumps into chained fx mode it loads the previously used combo, if this is the wrong one, it sounds shit.
    Play toggle and the Cue point buttons work whether mash mode is on or off. The juggle mode 'knobs' have to be passed about halfway to to set the fx bank to chained mode

You can't echo freeze more than 1 deck at a time, same with transform.

After pressing the crate button the jogs browse, left one for favorites, right one for up/down the list.

You can't use chained fx on decks A and B at the same time, as they share the controls.

When pressing anything that is labelled as 'sampler', it sets the beatslicer to 8 beats, and sets an 8 beat loop on the sampled track, a la eans midi fighter map. If a loop is already in place, holding shift will stop the 'loop active' mode from toggling on decks C and D.

There are some C and D 'quick play' bits. The pitch faders are now fader start, this starts the deck and fades it in, and the middle buttons have a quick sample for C and D with access to the pattern and buzz parameters.

I plan to create a dicer 'add on' map for x-fade assignments and c and d cue points. plus something else, but not decided what yet.

Last edited by BradCee; 07-20-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: wrong tsi, oops

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Well bruv!

Cuz I only have fm1.2....i think I might give this a go.

Your work flow is very differant to mine....but am keen to give it a go!

It seems to you really have to concentrate with your mapping as there are many 'pages' or modes goin on.

am i right?.....or scaring myself?

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Well bruv!

Cuz I only have fm1.2....i think I might give this a go.

Your work flow is very differant to mine....but am keen to give it a go!

It seems to you really have to concentrate with your mapping as there are many 'pages' or modes goin on.

am i right?.....or scaring myself?

yes and no, split it into sections to make the mapping easier to think about. also there's only so many things it'll let you do at one time, so as not to confuse things/make a mess.

once you get used the workflow this is based around it's quite simple... load deck a > play > load deck b > play > loop a > copy to d > load a > mix into b/d > drop another track into c > mix with a etc...

SoundCloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That looks good Brad.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I SEE!

Yeah ...in the circle basically....if you will.

Yeah...i kind been doing that.

Basically...I use FX on each deck....EQ on each deck....play Cue etc....and loop....and I use the X fader for scratching.

I kinda like the idea of using the pitch faders as faders for the 2nd pair of decks.

Thats it!

So i am really leaning toward your system....but would have to modify a bit.....

SCARED!

:P

Only problem i have with 4 deck at the moment is soft take over....and controlling the fx.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    and controlling the fx.
    that's what made my nanopad so great, til i killed it...

feel free to pick the tsi to bits, give an insight to the mad world of modifiers if nothing else...

SoundCloud

forgot to put above; shift + jog wheel = pitch fader

SoundCloud

also, cue point buttons use points 3-6, i use 1 and 2 for load and grid markers

SoundCloud

just realised i posted the 'b' version of the tsi, which is the copy i use for saving changes before committing them to the main version. this one had some holes and bugs in, so changed it.

SoundCloud

BradCee's Dicer map

This is designed to go with the VCI Map in this thread. but obviously it can be used with other maps

SoundCloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast