4 Deck Traktor Pro (1.2.4) VCI-100 Mapping, No overlay needed, firmware 1.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4 Deck Traktor Pro (1.2.4) VCI-100 Mapping, No overlay needed, firmware 1.2

Ok guys,

By popular request, I have upgraded my 4 deck mapping to work with traktor 1.2.4 and above. It is designed with the 1.2 firmware in mind, but no overlay is required.

DOWNLOAD LINK:- www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/moonie4deck124.zip

Just unzip and install as usual.

The aim was to create a simple and straightforward 4 deck mapping that was a good everyday work horse. With this in mind, it does not require a DJTT overlay and can be used with your VCI-100 without needing to re-label buttons.

Every button works as labelled, but some areas need explanation:-

Starting in the Top Left Corner of the Unit.

The column of three buttons work as follows, from top to bottom:-

Tree List Up
    Tree List Down
    Tree List Expand

This little section thus allows you to navigate your folders and playlists without needing the mouse, and has auto repeat built in, so no need to click click click to go up and down.

The 4 tiny black buttons from top to bottom are:-

Loop size decrease deck a
    Loop size increase deck a
    Loop size decrease deck b
    Loop size increase deck b

Just to the right of this section you have the usual load section.
    The up/down buttons go up and down playlists as usual, and the load a/b load tracks to their respective decks.

The preview button I have turned into a browser view mode, as I don't use the mini preview player when I gig, it seemed a better use for me.

Ok.. in the mixer section of the unit (Applies to both left and right sides):-

Buttons from the top down are:-

Eq Hi and Gain
    Eq Mid (Lablled mid hi)
    Eq Low (Labelled mid low)
    Filter (Labelled low)

The tiny black balance rotaries are now key adjust.

The effect button toggles the effects units on and off. So if both FX units are off, both will be turned on, and vice versa. You can turn on (and off) individual FX units in another section).

Monitor cue.. as labelled

Ok.. moving over to the top right of the unit, the effects/master section:-

The select button illuminates the red LED with either A, B or master, but otherwise does nothing in itself.

The tiny black buttons from top to bottom:-

Turn on FX bank 1
    Turn on FX bank 2

This applies to whichever deck the red LED is lit for.

If A is lit:-

All the rotaries and knobs control FX bank 1, as they appear on screen, when FX bank 1 is set to chained effects.

If B is lit:-

All the rotaries and knobs control FX bank 2, as they appear on screen, but this time setup as an advanced effect.

If the Master is lit:-

Rotaries:-

From left to right:- Nothing Assigned, Main/Mix balance adjust, Master output level, Mix/Cue output level.

The buttons underneath (with master lit):-

From left to right. The first is a low eq kill for deck a, the second is the same for deck b. The third snaps the monitor/master mix to 50/50, and the last toggles the monitor master mix from 0 to 100. This is the best solution I can come up with in the absence of properly split cueing ala DJM-600. Also when pressing the mix 0/100% toggle button, it automatically turns on the deck cue's. This now basically lets me toggle between live and mix very quickly, and is the closest I can get to DJM style cueing via the VCI.

Ok.. moving to the very top right, that tiny section:-

From left to right:-

(master level) is now 'Smart Fader' toggle. When turned to the left, the upfaders work just like normal. When turned to the far right, the upfaders now decrease the bass on the opposite deck when pushed up (and vice versa).

(monitor level) is now the 2 deck / 4 deck toggle switch (moved from the effect button).

(monitor select) is now cue juggle:- When turned far right, the transport buttons play, cue, cue/play etc at the bottom of the unit, now jump to cue points 2,3,4 & 5. I've numbered this way cause I often have cue point 1 as the track start. Also, when cue juggle is enabled, the loop button for each deck now acts as a 'set and save cue points'. You will know when cue juggle mode is on because of the LED feedback on your VCI-100 (The transport buttons light up).

(effect button):- RESET:- Occasionally traktor gets confused about what settings you have enabled. This allows you to reset all the above back to their default states. You should make sure all the rotaries above are turned to the left before hitting reset.

All other buttons should operate as labelled, with just one exception. The transport buttons at the bottom of the unit.. the one on the far right of each row of 4 (labelled set cue), resets the track position to the beginning of the track. I find that when I am cueing up to set levels, its a really handy way to skip back to the start, ready to play the track out.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Student

How do you install this on a mac?

I believe the mac have a utility called stuffit which can unzip zipped files
    Then just install the tsi file using traktors import function.

P.S. V2.0 of this mapping is shortly ready.. with some MAJOR addons!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

As always much appriciated I can update my traktor now

The bottom filter knobs don't work for me on any deck but do on the regular vci mapping that comes with 1.2.4. Is it my install or a problem with the tsi??

Cheers

I'd guess that in an update somewhere, this version became firmware 1.3 compatible, because that changed the filter knobs fundamentally. If you are getting no filter at all, that would be my guess.

If I have time to look at it and boot up my VCI in 1.2 mode I will

Alternatively, its pretty easy to remove all the filter commands in the mapping and redo them if you want to have a bash at it yourself
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Im useless at midi mappings but if anyone can help Id be very grateful.

Also is it worth upgrading to the 1.3 firmware anyway? I've heard it fixes a few issues and so forth so might solve my problems

Its a fairly cheap and easy process to upgrade, I did my VCI pretty soon after buying it.
    It fixes a couple of bugs, and introduces a number of extra options for mapping.

As for the mapping thing.. thats also pretty easy. Trust me. Start playing about and you'll soon be hooked! You can always delete and reimport the tsi if you mess something up badly
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

I cant even view the tsi in 1.2.4 what prog do i need to use ?? im on a mac by the way.

I just want my filter knobs back I only upgraded to 1.2.4 as the 1.1 verson i was using doesnt work with snow lepoard.
    Last edited by Aristotle; 04-27-2010 at 08:16 AM.

You can. Just click the file menu and select the controller manager. Then from the device drop down at the top of the screen, select the VCI.

Click on the word 'control' in the list, to order the items below in alphabetical order, then go down and find all the filter commands. Thats your starting point.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast