Download the Updated VCI-100SE Mapping (3_5_2) - Page 4

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

7 24.14%
  • Almost Perfect

16 55.17%
  • Needs Some Work

6 20.69%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

@ FF

Hey can u post the zip like u did on 3.5.1! Two ways of dl, or can anyone just repost it here please or send me an email!

sashasolo@rhymelab.com

thanx dudes

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've done a quick run through and it seems everything I pointed out is fixed. Great job!!! I'll post if I find anything else.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

@ ff

Thanx dude got the email!!! Time to take a test run!!!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Start Traktor, load a track, start the track, then move the pitch slider. How far is the initial movement? A few of us are seeing 8% as the initial pitch range adjustment. If you hold shift and move your pitch slider to center on the controller it zeros it out and doesn't appear to happen again until you start traktor up again. Even when everything was already at zero from the start.
    Ahh, apparently the .tsi has 0% set to the top of the pitch slider (where -8 normally is). So when you start Traktor with the pitch slider at the center position (or 0%), that's normally +8% and moving the pitch slider will adjust the pitch accordingly. If you start Traktor with the pitch slider at the top position, you'll see that the pitch slider in Traktor doesn't jump or anything and will have a range of 0-16%.

I figured this was the way the .tsi worked so I've never thought of it as a bug. Ean even mentions this in the mapping tutorial videos.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Excellent to see another update with all the work you guys have been putting into the MF. Ean's mentioned how hectic things have been, so a big thank you from me for this.

Looking forward to loading this up and playing with it this weekend

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

@flashflooder I sent you a few typo corrections to the walk through via email.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by No Left Turn View Post
    Ahh, apparently the .tsi has 0% set to the top of the pitch slider (where -8 normally is). So when you start Traktor with the pitch slider at the center position (or 0%), that's normally +8% and moving the pitch slider will adjust the pitch accordingly. If you start Traktor with the pitch slider at the top position, you'll see that the pitch slider in Traktor doesn't jump or anything and will have a range of 0-16%.

I figured this was the way the .tsi worked so I've never thought of it as a bug. Ean even mentions this in the mapping tutorial videos.
    I'm sorry this makes no sense to me -- am I being dense here? The problem is not where it's initially set but the behavior when you move it. Even a slight touch on the pitch slider makes the actual pitch jump dramatically. Obviously this is completely unacceptable when the track is playing. I sometimes use an x-session pro with pitch sliders mapped and the mapping I use there does not have the same behavior - a small movement of the pitch slider leads to a small movement of the tempo, just as a real pitch slider would do. If this behavior is intentional for some reason that is fine, but does anyone know of an easy way to map the pitch sliders in the normal way so that they work as actual pitch sliders rather than creating such a huge noticeable jump in tempo when they are touched?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I'm sorry this makes no sense to me -- am I being dense here? The problem is not where it's initially set but the behavior when you move it. Even a slight touch on the pitch slider makes the actual pitch jump dramatically. Obviously this is completely unacceptable when the track is playing. I sometimes use an x-session pro with pitch sliders mapped and the mapping I use there does not have the same behavior - a small movement of the pitch slider leads to a small movement of the tempo, just as a real pitch slider would do. If this behavior is intentional for some reason that is fine, but does anyone know of an easy way to map the pitch sliders in the normal way so that they work as actual pitch sliders rather than creating such a huge noticeable jump in tempo when they are touched?
    The issue, as far as I know, is being worked on. Some of us are supplying the DJTT team with information on when it is happening and under what circumstances so that they may better find a solution.

I already stated on a previous post on how to initially fix the problem before you start mixing.

And if you did not bother reading that or do not want to do it there is a way to make it easier (assuming you have it set to no more than like 10%, maybe 35%...MAYBE)

Here is what I do. When a track is playing move the pitch bend ad IMMEDIATELY click shift and recalibrate to middle position (with key lock on of course). You can easily do this in literally less than half a second, should go unnnoticed.

-Gianmarco
    Last edited by GPS; 07-16-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I think the behavior is due to where the mapping has 0% set to. Because it's set to 0-16% rather than -8/+8, when you move the pitch slider from the middle position, you're actually moving it to the +8 position since +8% would be right in the middle.

Now, whether or not you like this is another topic, I was just trying to explain what exactly was going on.

Personally, it's extremely rare that I play anything at a negative pitch value, so it doesn't bother me to work around this. But it would be more intuitive to have it set to -8/+8 so that the pitch fader could be set to the middle position and work like a turntable would.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Ahhh that does make sense to me now... so, yes, I was being dense. Sorry I didn't mean to cause offense. Yes I was expecting it to be set up like a turntable; I'll play around in the mapping myself and see if I can set it up a way that is more intuitive for me.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast