Download the Updated VCI-100SE Mapping (3_5_2) - Page 2

View Poll Results: How Stable is this Mapping?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Stable

7 24.14%
  • Almost Perfect

16 55.17%
  • Needs Some Work

6 20.69%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

juggle mode on 1-4 doesnt work for deck b
    Last edited by Glen; 07-15-2010 at 06:41 AM.
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    In juggle mode all of the cue points work for, but if a deck is not playing and you press a cue point and hold it then press the juggle 1-4 button it does not activate play.

More details:

• Pressing cue point 1 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on Deck B
    • Pressing cue point 2 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on Deck A
    • Pressing cue point 3 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue point 4 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue points 1-4 on deck B and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing, play is not activated on any of them.
    • Pressing cue point 5 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on deck B.
    • Pressing cue points 7-8 on Deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing.

EDIT: Changed the last point form "Pressing cue points 6-8 on Deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing" to Pressing cue points 7-8 on Deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing.

I'll dig into Decks C and D later today.
    Last edited by photojojo; 07-15-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    This works fine for me in 3.5.2
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    In juggle mode all of the cue points work for, but if a deck is not playing and you press a cue point and hold it then press the juggle 1-4 button it does not activate play.

More details:

• Pressing cue point 1 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on Deck B
    • Pressing cue point 2 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on Deck A
    • Pressing cue point 3 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue point 4 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue points 1-4 on deck B and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing, play is not activated on any of them.
    • Pressing cue point 5 on deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on deck B.
    • Pressing cue points 6-8 on Deck A and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing.

I'll dig into Decks C and D later today.
    This is EXACTLY what I described in my previous post. Thanks for making it crystal clear. This is all new to 3.5.2 and did not occur in 3.5.1
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Info for decks C and D when in juggle mode, looks to be pretty much the same so maybe it's an easy fix.

• Pressing cue point 1 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 toggle play on/off on deck B
    • Pressing cue point 2 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on Deck C
    • Pressing cue point 3 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue point 4 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing
    • Pressing cue points 1-4 on deck D and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing, play is not activated on any of them.
    • Pressing cue point 5 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on deck D.
    • Pressing cue point 6 on deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 toggles play on/off on deck C.
    • Pressing cue points 7-8 on Deck C and pressing juggle 1-4 does nothing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

A few more things.

• On initial load FX slot 1 is chained, not sure if this is intentional or not. After selecting an FX preset and clicking the cue button it seems to stay on advanced even after restart.
    • While holding shift and pressing copy to left, the track was copied to deck A while the track was playing and stopped playing after it was loaded at the designated load point in the track. This only happened once and I wasn't able to duplicated it. I had just been browsing through the tree on the left when it happened.
    • When holding FX preset 2 and pressing either cue button it will scroll up the tree on the left.
    • When holding FX preset 3 and pressing either cue button it will scroll down the tree on the left. Seemed to load the proper FX and set the desired value when double clicked.

EDIT:I've just skimmed through Phil's walk through so if any of this is by design please disregard it. I'm going to sit down with it this afternoon and give it a good read to try and learn something.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Thanks guys for the specific details on remaining bugs/issues with this mapping. I will be working on it today and plan to post an updated zip file by the end of the day.

Please let me know anything you find in the meantime and for everyone else, please hold off on downloading these files until I post a cleaner version of the tsi.

Chris (flashflooder), can I suggest you post the walkthrough as a PDF? I think its easier for everybody (correct me if I'm wrong).

I haven't tried the TSI yet, but I should get to it tonight.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    from what i have experienced with it, its only an initial issue, so before i start i mess with it once, it jumps, then recenter/calibrate it with shift. does not seem to happen until the next time i turn it on

-gm
    I think you're on to something. I tried on each deck from a fresh start of Traktor and when I move the pitch fader the first time on every deck it jumps 8%. If I hold shift and move the fader even just a little then re-center it the next time I move the fader it works normal. So a temporary work around is just to hold shift and re-center all your pitch faders when you start Traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think you're on to something. I tried on each deck from a fresh start of Traktor and when I move the pitch fader the first time on every deck it jumps 8%. If I hold shift and move the fader even just a little then re-center it the next time I move the fader it works normal. So a temporary work around is just to hold shift and re-center all your pitch faders when you start Traktor.
    As a general rule, you should always check ALL your knobs/faders every time you start Traktor. When you launch, Traktor has no idea where any of your controls are and either leaves them at the last know position or defaults them (eg. line faders).

My launch and unplug-replug ritual is to go through all the faders (pitch too and reset to zero with the shift). Press Slice and Echo on both decks and at least validate that the knobs in the mixer section equate with the GUI knobs.

Cris (flashflooder), we should add this to the walkthrough!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast