MIDI fighter or NI F1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default MIDI fighter or NI F1

For those of you that have used both, what are your opinions/comparisons of the two? What does the MIDI fighter do better than the F1 and vice versa?

depends on what you would do with it. the f1 are perfectly integrated with the remix decks. but if you do not need the faders and the knobs, then get the midi fighter.

you can finger drum with the midi fighter and f1. I've tried with the f1 and it doesnt feel right. both can do the remix decks. both can be mapped in other softwares like ableton, etc. both can be mapped to control effects/transport function/etc. both are sub $200.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Wizard

yeah that's sort of where I'm torn. I think finger drumming would feel better on the MIDI fighter but I'd also like having the faders of the F1 to be able to do some mini mixing brining in different looped drum parts

I was torn also before in choosing the midi fighter and the f1. went with the f1. had fun for a while with the remix deck, but sold it so i can buy a dvs setup.

I kept wishing i should have gone the midi fighter route, but I have exhausted all my savings to get one now. lol (also finger drumming is not for me)

well, I strongly advise that if you mix more than finger drum, get the f1, if you want to finger drum more than mix, get the midi fighter.

good luck on your decision.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Wizard

ha ha that's funny as I'm trying to sell my DVS to pick up one of the 2. I'll probably get the F1 as I have very little experience finger drumming

I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us.
    Last edited by Serina33; 02-07-2015 at 05:38 AM.

Default MF3D instead of X1

Hello,
    i'm searching for a controller for traktor and I really like the concept of the MF3D because it's more creative than most of the other controllers, but I don't have a X1 yet. So I thought I could go for the MF3D instead of the X1. What do you guys think? I hope you can help me by this decision!

Do you have anything else you are using to controll Traktor (like an all in one controller)? Or are you using an analogue mixer and a sound card?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Housekeeper View Post
    Hello,
    i'm searching for a controller for traktor and I really like the concept of the MF3D because it's more creative than most of the other controllers, but I don't have a X1 yet. So I thought I could go for the MF3D instead of the X1. What do you guys think? I hope you can help me by this decision!

thatīs a philosophy question!

if you want a controller which works out of the box and perfectly integrated into traktor. take the x1. you can use the midi mode to extend your controls.

if you want to map a controller to your needs and want to experiment with the gyro sensor, go for the mf3d. you can find mappings which will make it work right of of the box as well.

both controllers have a good quality but their purpose is completely different:

the x1 is build for transport section. but you donīt need this, because you can map it to your computerīs keyboard. it has knobs to tweak parameters, but this is mappable to the keyboard (and the midi fighter of course), too. in my opinion the x1 is obsolete.

the mf3d is a special midi fighter with the motion sensor as main feature. itīs more like an instrument than a controller for cue/play buttons! it has no knobs but 16 high class arcade buttons. it is build for rough performances from people that use it for their own gigs. so my choice would be clear!

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

No I don't have an all in one controller, but I use Timecode Vinyl and a soundcard with a external mixer.

I use my keyboard for cue points loops and of course for browsing and loading the tracks.

for browsing I think the keyboard with the mouse works fine, but for cue points and loops and of course the fx section I want another controller.

Another thing is that nowadays I still use Traktor Scratch Duo and want to buy the upgrade so that I will have the Traktor Remix Decks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast