Reloop Digital Jockey IE2 Traktor Pro Mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reloop Digital Jockey IE2 Traktor Pro Mapping

Hi all, here is my custom traktor mapping for the reloop digital jockey 2 interface edition.

Before I explain it a bit, I must say that I am in no way affiliated with reloop, I'm just an end user. If you've got issues with the controller, take it to reloop. Also, apologies for the wall-o-text, A video would've been better but I down own a camera

You should make sure you're running the latest firmware and at least Traktor 1.2.4.

Installation:
    1.Go to settings window
    2.To install a fresh mapping and overwrite your previous one, click the import button on the bottom of the page.
    3.To install this mapping alongside a previous mapping, go to control manager, add, import.
    4.Change the midi in and midi out section to the DJIE2

This mapping is based on one of the original ones from reloop, many of the functions remain the same, many are different. If you don't already know what the basic functionality is, check here: http://www.reloopdj.com/video_conten...-2/language/en

This mapping is primarily made as a 2 deck mapping. I have not bothered with 4 deck, as I dont need it.

The major difference is fader FX mode which works much like Eans mapping for the VCI. To get this working as I like, I have had to sacrifice the scratch capability of the controller. The Scratch button now enables fader FX mode. When you press it both the scratch light and the FX dry/wet light will illuminate.
    In this mode, the touch sensetive jog enables chained FX1, the volume fader for that deck is chained FX2, and FX3 kicks in at the lowest point of the volume fader. The pitch control is also turned into filter control whilst in this mode.
    Press it again and it'll kill the effects and reset the filter but you'll now be in fx dry/wet mode on the jog wheel.

Pitch bend and plain fx dry/wet on the jog wheels remain the same. Its all been integrated with each of the jog wheel functionalities and is pretty solid. I havent noticed any bugs as yet.

Other changes include the keylock buttons. These are now deck master buttons, the shift functionality is keylock. Hit one and it'll set that deck to master, blink with the beat (to let you know its master), and setup the headphone cue so the other deck is now through your headphones.

The pitchbend buttons next to the jog wheel are now 32 bar beatjumps. This can save your ass if your too late with the next mix. Or speed it up pretty seamlessly.

The fx buttons, knobs and lights are used as before but pressing down on the fx knob when in chained mode will activate that effect aswell as pressing on the button.

Whilst in advanced effects mode 'Activate 1' now resets the effect to your stored preference.
    The fx dry/wet knob still controls the dry/wet but if you're in a playing loop on that deck it'll now control the loop length (saves pressing shift every time )

The shift functionalities are still effect select but the 'activate 2' button switches between chained and advanced effect mode for banks FX1 & FX2 respectively. 'Activate 1' now stores the effect settings that are currently loaded.

So have a play if you feel so inclined, let me know what you think, I hope you like it.
    If you can think of any other interesting and useful additions let me know and I'll see if I can integrate them too.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Student

very interesting, I am going to try it out and give you my feedback.

Thanks!!

Tech Student

i want to try it to, but i can't download the file here. Why is that?

what do you think about the outside ring of the jogwheel as a pitch bend an de top for scrathing if possible.
    and with a mode for beat juggling with the controle buttons and a quick ceu point selecting button and errase buton for ceu points

thanks for the great mapping so far

Tech Student

I love it!
    The only thing I want to change is the resetting of the volume when a new track is loaded. Does anybody know how I can turn this off?
    Thx!

Tech Student

Thumbs up Volume Fader problem when new track is loaded.

Hey Rein,

go to the Midi Mapping ( Preferences -> Controller Manager -> choose your Midi Device. In this case the Reloop DJ IE 2)

Now you have a list with all mappings of your buttons, faders, knobs etc.
    Search for: Volume Fader. As you will see there are different mappings for the Volumefader. Try finding the one where the Value is set to 0.000. You have to change it for both, Deck A and B.

Here´s a picture:

Good Luck and have fun. This mapping is awesome.
    Thanks to Flash101uk

Tech Student

Unhappy Reloop ie2 with traktor scratch pro v. 1.1.2.004

When i try to import the .tsi file i can't select any of the categories.
    I don't know how to fix this.
    Please help me..

My days, I didnt know this mapping was still alive and kicking!
    Gald your enjoying it guys

@Dionisos this mapping is designed to work on traktor pro 1.2.4 I do not know the differences from that version and the one you are using. The mapping obviously uses features that were implemented in the later version of the software. Please update your copy to the latest version - 1.2.7 (I think).

You should also make sure that your controller is up to date with firmware, the earlier versions of the firware are pretty crap. So do yourself a favour and check/update
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Default Reloop mapping

u are the man. what about multiple cue points ?

Quote Originally Posted by futurehits View Post
    u are the man. what about multiple cue points ?
    And where do you propose you put the cue points on the controller?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast