mapping the vestax spin for traktor pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool mapping the vestax spin for traktor pro?

if anyone out there could help me with mapping the vestax spin for traktor pro i would be SO SO SO SO grateful!

It is my first time mapping a midi controller myself. I understand the basic concept but I am having a hard time figuring a few key components...

If someone out there has already accomplished their mapping and could sent me a sample .tsi file I would jump for joy!!!

(and on a sidenote if someone has some advice on how i should set up my audio output and input for properly previewing through my headphones I would double jump for joy )

xxx

Tech Guru

well, i'm not very experienced in this, but if you want I can help you out with some answers to you questions.

What do you want to learn how to do first? The pre-listen with headphones is just a matter of install the right drivers and try-error-try-error.

Talking specifics...

i am having problems mapping:
    the spin wheels
    the output knob
    the sync + and - buttons
    the loop auto
    the loop in/out
    the cross bar for selecting tracks
    and the shift key

I understand how to use traktor for mapping and learning the keys- i think the biggest things is that I do not know what function to select in traktor for the above...
    any suggestions?

will the led lights still work for traktor when mapped correctly?

thanks so much!

Tech Guru

I presume you are using traktor pro 1.2.x right?

Well, I think you know a bit more then me.
    What I know is a bit of what I've learned reading the M-Audio Oxygen v2 Traktor mapping from Ean Golden.

Since we lack controls on oxygen we had to do a shift key that was mapped to a Sustain Pedal plugged to the Keybord.

All you have to do is to create a modifier to your shift key. As your key is a shift, not a toggle (like caps lock) you need to:

add in... > Modifier #9 (or whatever number you want)
    Then click on Learn (will grow orange) and hit the key that you want to use as shift, this will set the key as the button who will change the Modifier #9.

A bit lower set the "Type of controller" to button and on the "Interaction Mode" chose "Hold". "Button options" "Set to Value" = 1. Let all modifiers empty in this action.

Test your shift by watching the modifier state #9 changing his value when you hit your key.

Now that you've set your modifier you need to edit your mapped controls (those you want to make dual functions). You can see a column mod1 on mapping screen right? Change a command of your choice to M9=0 in that column to execute an action with shift not pressed or M9=1 to shift pressed.

Test and let me know if you did it.

Sorry about my english, I hope I've helped a little.
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 11-30-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Tech Guru

To discover other functions on the mapping screen is easy. The functions are pretty much easy to understand, if you doesn't know a term like Quantize or Snap, try to search the Traktor Manual to understand that function (I don't understand a lot of them too)

If you want to go a bit further on traktor, buy a traktor bible like I did 1 week ago. You can buy it on a Print on Demand web store at Belgium, it should arrive pretty fast. I've ordered mine on Create Space (USA) and it arived in less then 3 weeks at Brazil.
    www.traktorbible.com

Post more questions if you have any.

Tech Guru

The Loop In button on Deck A:

Do you want to make a loop 8 button? Try this multiple control button:

Control: Loop Set
    Type: Button
    Interaction: Trigger

Control: Loop Size
    Interaction: Direct
    Value: 8 (or 4, or 16, or 32)

3.- Here you can define how you will go in or out loop
    Control: Loop Active
    Interaction: Direct (or Hold, or Toggle, try what is best for you)

If you wan to start easy, just load the profile for the VCI-100 already included with Traktor. You will notice that only the functions from the left deck are working (most of them anyway).

From there, all you have to do is modify the configuration for the right deck

- Select the function
    - Click LEARN
    - press the button you want to assign
    - click LEARN again to disable the learning mode

Since you already have half of the controller configured, it will give you a good idea about the functions and what they do.

As for the LEDs output, there seems to be a problem that if you enable them, the controller will feeze, and you will need to unplug and replug it to gain control back (I,ve reported the problem in another section of the forum).
    The Phat One

Tech Guru

The best way to start is copy some other map. Build things from scratch it's a pain...

Default super geil

thanks so much guys!
    I did import the vci-100 configuration and then start to change it myself... I am gonna try to work on the shift and loop keys tonight

now the only thing I can not figure out is that traktor won't reconize the master output or monitor knobs for my headphone?

These are hardware knobs, meaning that they act directly on the soundcard, and cannot be mapped as MIDI in Traktor.
    The Phat One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast