the ~£5 midifighter clone

Default the ~£5 midifighter clone

just picked up this old Playstation 2 peripheral from CEX for £5. didn't think it'd get picked up in Windows but it's recognised as a single usb gamepad device with 20 buttons!

it also has 4 LED's built into it but I'm sure how they can be activated - will have to play around with Glovepie and see if I can get them activated via midi.

so yeah, gonna solder 16 arcade buttons up to this thing, mount it inside a case and make a ~£5 midifighter clone!

anyone got any alternatives that beat this thing for value for money?

2 x Playstation 2 controllers to usb

If you already have old Playstation 2 controllers that you no longer use, then this will connect them to your PC. It shows up as two separate controllers on your PC, giving you at least 20 buttons, 8 POV buttons and 8 analogue inputs.

I have one similar and it works just fine as HID, but I've never gotten to grips with Glovepie so it's just sitting there doing nothing at the moment. It's frustrating 'cos I'm sure you could make a nifty little controller with it.

I've got a script that turns one PSX joypad into a midi device that's pretty usable in Traktor... I'll try and remember to upload it when I get home..

nice find btw... very cheap

wow great find

What are they called? - Ive got to get some

I think they are the old controllers for games like Buzz. Plenty here from Ebay.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

Not 5 bucks though, arcade buttons aren't cheap

Tech Convert

To bring an old thread back from the dead how did you get on with this ? Did you find it easier to make it with these controllers or an original xbox/ps2 controller as I see you attempted both.

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    Not 5 bucks though, arcade buttons aren't cheap
    +1 on that,

I made the mistake of buying "cheap" .37cent buttons .. pointless. Now invested in HAPP, which are cheaper than SANWAs but just as nice .... but that would be 20 x £1.20 at least !
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1