Where do you get and discover top 40 music? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

dont know if it's off topic but its about top40 music.

im still a bedroom DJ with aspirations but do you people with more experience ever play music you actually dont want to hear just because you know the crowd might like it? some top40 is ok but some is genuinely horrible, take america's number 1 from that link above for example, the katy perry song is painful to the ears. i'm not sure i'd be able to bring myself to play something i hated, or is that part of the DJs job until he/she can get enough reputation to play what they want?
    http://soundcloud.com/muur-1
    (Nothing much but if you're interested)

Tech Mentor

I go to my local pop radio station websites and they have a top 100 list. i normally search through that and buy what I think is good. Kiss108 and jamn945 are the two stations i normally browse but try whatever is local to you!

Quote Originally Posted by andydrew View Post

im still a bedroom DJ with aspirations but do you people with more experience ever play music you actually dont want to hear just because you know the crowd might like it? some top40 is ok but some is genuinely horrible, take america's number 1 from that link above for example, the katy perry song is painful to the ears. i'm not sure i'd be able to bring myself to play something i hated, or is that part of the DJs job until he/she can get enough reputation to play what they want?
    dunno, I don't mind that california girls song TBH, and I generally don't mind most of the top 40 stuff, but yes i will play something that i'm not particular fond of, if I start getting a few requests from different ppl for it. This happened last week when I played "your man" by Down With Webster at a kegger... would have never thought.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by andydrew View Post

Some are lucky to spin at clubs that specialize in EDM and such, while others are stuck getting payed to play stuff they would not normally play in their car stereo.

That is just the way it is.

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12