Akai APC40 and traktor pro, full midi maping incl. led lights and led rings work
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Akai APC40 and traktor pro, full midi maping incl. led lights and led rings work

Hello,

I have an APC40 and i did all midi mappings in traktor pro. I made leds on clip lunch buttons, and even led rings to work in pan/volume stile.

I have an M-audio Fast track pro an HP notebook with 4 GB ram, and dual core 2.2GHz (XP sp3)
    Everything is working fine except i have audio crackling on low latencies...
    if I go to 10ms i hear crackling. On 40ms and more sound is perfect.
    I think the problem is when traktor sending midi to APC. Those output midi messages for controlling leds on APC. When I turn them of everything is ok.
    Is there anyone with same or similar problem?

Also if there are interested in my mapping i am happy to share...
    Apc is mapped for all things, looping, hot-cueing, internal mixining an eq...

sorry for my bad english

Tech Wizard

Always interested in trying mappings; hit it!
    Macbook Pro 15'' / Traktor Kontrol S4

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem. It has something to do with the mapping of the leds. If you are using send monitor states you get crackling in the audio so if you are using them dont. Your latency should be alot lower than 10ms. I got mine down to 2ms using an audio 2dj

Tech Wizard

hm, 2ms is realy low, and i think that is impossible, even for much better computers in for studio use. I have 2,5ms in traktor pro when not using midi controler...

How much latency do you have in Ableton for example?

hi buzz, i got a macbook and never had issues with the latency, but my mapping on the apc is really really simple and I don't use it much. I use the x1 controler for gigs. If you want I could test it with my setup.. maybe it's really a hardware issue.

greets luca

PS: my english is also bad.. where u from?

Tech Wizard

I dont use ableton on that computer really but i got i down to 2 ms with traktor and im using a Dell, apc 40 and oxygen 8 with an audio 2 dj. I had the same problem with the set up when i had all the leds mapped using send monitor states. I deleted all the send monitor states and mapped the leds normally and i didnt have anymore audio problems

Tech Wizard

@lucadegrandis

I will post my mapping in next couple days.. I am planing to put video on youtube with some explanations, because this is mapping for internal mixing, and it is completely controls almost everything in traktor. I did not see that before on share...

Im from Bosnia.

@jimsimp59

When I turn of out midi messages i also have 2.5ms of latency in traktor

I think that is just some trick, because when i using apc with ableton everything running normal on 10ms latency or lower.

But I am satisfied with 20 or 40ms. Latency of 40ms i only 0.04 seconds of delay when i press control and time when traktor do playback. So it is really blink of eye
    I have a gig tonight and Ill try everything on stage

Tech Wizard

I d really like to look at your mapping to see how you mapped your leds. I cant get them to act how I want them to but they are working. I use my memory. What sound card are you using?

Why dont you post the mapping so people can have a look at it?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Why dont you post the mapping so people can have a look at it?
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast