APC40 Mapping Madness (Midi Fighter Style on APC40) - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

would you mind pointing me in the right direction (docs, previous post, etc) to undo it and set it up in my own fashion? ive just about got the mapping down to control what i want to control, but id like to redo the LEDs to something a bit more intuitive for me.

thanks!
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Just wanted to say.....I love you guys!

I am GLUED to my APC40.....

I use Steph's (Derders) mapping ....and adjusted it to my liking.....but yeah....you cats rule!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

i love your mapping too, the apc is a great controller and our mapping makes it big for traktor!

thanks to your mapping i finally got to understand how to map my apc in traktor nad luckily the described problems with the different production badges did not occur for me

i added your blog to keep up with your updates
    Last edited by Ando; 10-31-2010 at 11:02 AM.

I'm hoping to create a version without a 'mixer' section within soon too! As I want to use an external mixer and use the apc for all the juggling/cueing and advanced FX'ing stuff..

More coming up, for sure

Tech Wizard

Hey Guys,

First of all, thanks for all the work put in so far in making a great the APC a great tool for Traktor Pro.

I just picked up the little sister, the APC20 and plan on using it with my VCI-100 and had a couple questions. First, I only got the 20 because I felt like most of the functions on the 40 were redundant with what controls I have on my VCI. Are there any buttons that I would need to use the HouseQ mapping that I don't have on my 20 and will need to remap aside from the EQ stuff? Also, I hear people talk about Steph's mapping vs. the HouseQ one but can't find a link to it to compare. Can someone please give me the link?

Thanks again!

Steph's TSI should be here somewhere, i dunno really

Mine can be found via my sig

The differences are now that big, and regarding the missing rotaries on the APC20; in that case you'll miss some effect sections (FX 1 and 2) which should be remapped.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Timmio View Post

Mine can be found via my sig

The differences are now that big, and regarding the missing rotaries on the APC20; in that case you'll miss some effect sections (FX 1 and 2) which should be remapped.
    Thanks for the response. If the differences are small enough I'll just stick with your 3.0 mapping and use the VCI for the effects nobs

I saw that in your mapping that the small buttons at the bottom are mapped to cue up different effects but they don't turn the effects on. Are these activated by the buttons/knobs that I am missing?

Lastly (sorry for being so needy here...), has anyone tried to do the sample juggle setup on one of these controllers like the latest midi-fighter mapping? From watching the video in the mapping section, it looks like he's able to grab a sample and then jump around in it but I can't even think about where to start trying to map out something like that! It looks like a killer capability though.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Davemex View Post
    I saw that in your mapping that the small buttons at the bottom are mapped to cue up different effects but they don't turn the effects on. Are these activated by the buttons/knobs that I am missing?....
    Are you sure you've set the fx banks correctly (1&2 are chained, 3&4 are advanced), check out the preconditions mentioned in the image-map (notice the text on top in the jpg) -> http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...769#post151769

edit: Note that there are also 4 buttons in a square (below the play buttons) which activate an effect bank. In Traktor you'll notice that FX 1,2,3, or 4 will be put on. Be sure to check out the full image map which explains this mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemex View Post
    Lastly (sorry for being so needy here...), has anyone tried to do the sample juggle setup on one of these controllers like the latest midi-fighter mapping? From watching the video in the mapping section, it looks like he's able to grab a sample and then jump around in it but I can't even think about where to start trying to map out something like that! It looks like a killer capability though. ..
    You can do this with the CUE points on your APC with the 3.00 mapping. The 8 CUE buttons are used to juggle around in the sample. Just load the sample in the deck, set the cues in the sample by pressing the buttons on your apc, if you press that button again it will sample that part.

With the 3.00 mapping you can even set loop samples if you play a loop and then press the cue button.

Not sure whether this is what you wanted to know, but it might be helpful

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Timmio View Post
    Hey Guys,

have seen that the download-link of my version doesn´t work ....

here is a new link: http://ul.to/1yzmgu

a good new year´s night to you all
    or how we say in Germany "Guten Rutsch" or "Frohes Neues Jahr" :-)

Tech Wizard

Ohh god, I just figured it out. I hate you all... for making such an awesome mapping! I'll never get anything productive done ever again!

I have a list of stuff I need to do this afternoon and I just spent an hour destroying some tracks! APC20 with this mapping + VCI-100 with Ean's mapping= TOTAL LOAD BLOWING AWESOMENESS!

Five years ago I wouldn't have even been able to imagine that something that was already a passion of mine could become so much more brutally fun.

Thank you all again for your hard work and happy new year!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast