APC40 Mapping Madness (Midi Fighter Style on APC40) - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I use Fireworks (Adobe) to edit the image, it's an PNG file so you can easily copy texts etc (just works like a PSD file..)

I guess you can also open it with Photoshop as well, as I can open PSD without problems also.

Can you PM me your email address? Then I'll send the file to you, please take good care of it

Tech Mentor

ive got an mpd32,can i use this mapping with it?

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    ive got an mpd32,can i use this mapping with it?
    No, I guess it won't work as the layout and the mapped notes are according to the midi-layout of the APC40, the mpd32 uses a whole different layout. So you can load the TSI and set the in/output to your mpd32, but I cannot tell you which buttons will do what kind of action in Traktor and how leds will respond.

Tech Mentor

i guessed as much.thanx for the reply

awesome update, definitely dedicating some time tonight for this

thanks
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

You're welcome! Let me know your thoughts

I found out some accidental feature I even didn't know about; when you set a loop with the loop buttons and then set a cue, it set that loop to that cue. You can then manage whether it must loop or just act as a normal cue depending on whether the 'loop/32' button is on or not...

(hopefully this sounds logical, either way I still need to make that instructional vid )

Track selection area looping is not working for me, and the looping on the clip stop has a dely before it starts, and a buzzing sound when it does, (maybe half a second out?)
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

That's probably not a mapping issue, nobody reported looping probs yet and your problem sounds more like latency issues or sync problems. Are you sure your latency is lower then 50ms (input+output) and are you using a perfectly synced track (or no sync at all..)?

Bij track selection looping area you mean the 8 buttons in the middle for looping, don't you? Don't they do anything?

bump to avoid another thread

i am still using the mapping, but adjusting mappings to the DEVICE CONTROL physical knob bank on the APC4. is there a reason why the LEDs change differently?

that is, if all the knobs are turned counter-clockwise as if to turn the effect in traktor to 0, some knobs appear to light the LEDs 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7, whereas others will light only 7, and others still will only display one LED as it sweeps when you rotate it.

i know i am not describing this well, so here's an image of all the knobs turned down to 0, or 7 oclock.

is there a reason why those are different? all the knobs in the TRACK CONTROL bank function exactly the same in regards to the LEDs sweeping as you rotate them, though I would like to change them all to a different method, if possible.

Any ideas?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    bump to avoid another thread
    i am still using the mapping, but adjusting mappings to the DEVICE CONTROL physical knob bank on the APC4. is there a reason why the LEDs change differently?
    Any ideas?
    Yeah that's working as programmed, cool isn't it . lol

The reason I did that is because the effects mapped to those rotaties do now behave exactly as the LED's are displaying. So some effects 'don't work' when in the middle, but when turning left/right they adjust the sound. Some effects (like the delay for example) work from nothing to full. And again another effect like the peakfilter works inverted, so maximum effect means no impact on the sound. So I inverted the LED that on your APC it's showing no LED's (0) and on your software it's full (127), turning the know will show more and more leds, and you;ll hear more and more fx (although in traktor the button moves to the left).

I know, strange and almost not understandable. While mapping it sounded cute, but in practice it sometimes confusing, so I'll map them probably back to normal asap.....

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast