2 DJs running 1 instance of Traktor Pro? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    This is some great info. A friend of mine is coming up sometime later this year and we have been discussing how to make this happen for sometime. Thank you weltraumpapst.
    glad i could help..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

i find the best way to do duo shows is to have a few diff controllers covering diff aspects of the mixing, fx, loops, and just switching whos doing what.

me n my friend play live all the time with my stealth, nanopad, and oxy8.
    that way it never gets boring, and it feels more like a live show than 2 guys just picking songs
    [ ms ]

Tech Wizard

If you each had a controller and a mixer, you would each have full control of 2 decks. The output could then be routed to each channel on the club's mixer where you could both use the central fader. 3 mixers is how the turntablists do it. Just a thought

Tech Guru

Default hi

sorry i dont know if this has been said on here yet as i only had a quick glance at what you intend to do, me and my friend did this a while ago, we used an omnicontrol and a hercules mp3e2 and couldnt decide on cross fader conrol either so the easiest thing was to not map it in, that way we just use the volume faders to bring in and out songs, was great fun for a while and managed to run flawlessly on a 2gb netbook, with an external screen. not sure if this will help but its just how we had it set up

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I'd recommend upfaders over a crossfader, but you could probably make it work with some tricky midi mapping.

+1 on dual VCI-100s.

I also think that having one guy do mixing, and the other doing FX would be super fun, possible more fun that 2 decks each. I'm gonna try to get a friend to try this with now.

Tech Guru

Default ....

yeah one doing effects would be good, you could even incorporate a button that both of you could reach to switch the setups round so if the person on the left is controlling the decks and the right is effects hit of the button could switch this up, means more interactivity with the audience and the music

Tech Wizard

Splitting responsibilities is what me and my friend like to do.

One of us uses a VCI-100SE for mixing and some effects.

The other uses a padKontrol with a crazy cue-point juggling / FX mapping i made.

Its good fun and helps each person concentrate more on their responsibility.

Tech Guru

Default ...

yeah thats a pretty good way of doing it too, the way i setup my stuff normally for just me is omni control for deck controls and some fx then hercules mp3e2 for full effects using fader fx and filter controls then a nanopad for beat juggling, so usually 2 people can mess with it pretty good but also have a setup for decks 1 and 2 on omni, 3 and 4 on hercules and fx triggerd on the nanopad in the middle so both can use it at free will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12