simple apc40 LED feedback complication
    Tech Convert

Default simple apc40 LED feedback complication

I posted this in the general discussion, but Im not getting any responses. Thought I would receive quicker feedback here.

So im in the processing of mapping my apc40 to traktor. Its on smart mode and I have basic functions mapped, but Im having trouble as far as LED goes. The simple function of Play/Pause button, for example, lights up on and off when I activate it with the mouse. But once I physically press the button, the light shuts off, and there is no feedback unless I hold the button, or use my mouse again. Ive researched the DJTT articles on mapping and even watched Shiftee's tutorial at dubspot, but im still finding difficulty in solving this issue. And for further information, I am extremely new to this mapping thing, so please bear with me. Any advice much appreciated! Thanks!

Tech Mentor

By default, Traktor conflicts with its internal firmware since it's set up to be used with Ableton. To bypass this, you need to set the controller to "dumb" mode.

that ^

(i posted in the other thread)

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    By default, Traktor conflicts with its internal firmware since it's set up to be used with Ableton. To bypass this, you need to set the controller to "dumb" mode.
    I believe there are more options besides dumb mode. By mapping apc40 with the master button selected, "SmartMode," im able to map it like any other controller. I also read somewhere that multiple banks can be used oppose to having only one page to play with on dumb mode. watch the clip.

Basic 4 band EQ is mapped already, as well as basic functionality to dj with. The lights respond when adjusting/setting the midi range, and the lights also respond when i use the mouse to activate things in traktor. Its when I physically press the button, the light turns off. Kinda like this guy.lol.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Here is a random thought since I don't have apc to troubleshot it for you. You can set toggleing modifier to that button that will toggle between values 1 and 2 (both will lite up) and set value 1 to be red (playing) and set value 2 to be green (pause). Delete play output because modifier should do the trick...