Deleting hot cues with just 1 button? - (a thought)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Deleting hot cues with just 1 button? - (a thought)

so we all know the tradition way to delete a hot cue.

"holding shift button, AND press on the hot cue button you want to delete"...easy enough to map.

how about can we delete hot cues by "press AND hold" on the button hot cue you want to delete.

it is just more intuitive imo. i have been trying to do that, but no luck so far. maybe it can't be done.

just a thought, thanks

I think the problem with that is when a DJ/controllerist holds down the button from passion , or holding it down to keep the cue playing, they might accidentally delete and destroy that cue.

ahhh lol didn't even think about that other feature. thanks for reminding me. yea ill just stick to the traditional way

It can definitely be done using Bomes MT.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's nice idea to have some additional commands on hold of the button. This can be done also by routing midi back to traktor to create some automation for this purpose. Question is, can it be done strait in traktor, without some inmiddle software.

Line up all eight modifiers so it scrolls modifier values from M1=1 to M8=7 when button is held. That should give you 5-6 sec in play duration till modifier line reaches end (known as modifier wall). Trick is to map delete hotcue (invert, hold) with modifier condition that's last in a row. Also you need to map M=0 command for all modifiers so every time button is released all modifiers jump back to zero and ready for next use. Probably would be the best to add one generic device only for this smart hotcue

yea i dont think that is going to work, remember we are trying to set a hot cue AND delete the hot cue all in the same button.

putting all 8 modifiers on the same button will not do anything. i personally think it can't be done. UNLESS, native instruments adds a modifier states that shows "is in active hot cue" or something of that nature. so that way when u press/hold the same button it knows "OH this button correlates to a hot cue, now i must delete this"

before i was able to map 2 buttons to do exactly the same function as how you would do it on a cdj 2000. using "is in active loop" modifier function.

you can do it in VDJ Pro, but I don't think it's a very good way to do it as when you press the button down the timer starts, if the hold has exceeded the timer set it would delete, but if the the button is held for less time than the timer set it would hot cue...

holding 1000ms ? action if held for less than 1000ms then released : action if held for longer than 1000ms then released

The problem is that the button doesn't work when pressing only on release. Using a shift modifier is a much better way of doing it in any software IMO
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensic View Post
    yea i dont think that is going to work, remember we are trying to set a hot cue AND delete the hot cue all in the same button.

putting all 8 modifiers on the same button will not do anything. i personally think it can't be done. UNLESS, native instruments adds a modifier states that shows "is in active hot cue" or something of that nature. so that way when u press/hold the same button it knows "OH this button correlates to a hot cue, now i must delete this"
    It works actually,

I don't think you have understand how to line up modifiers part...

This mapping have 18 commands in total and it's all mapped to one button as your original idea says. I mapped my hotcue #8 to be smart one and let the rest of it to act same as before (shift+).
    Last edited by Stewe; 08-10-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: added video link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast