A few inquiries on the VCI 100 SE I just got.
    Tech Guru

Default A few inquiries on the VCI 100 SE I just got.

So after much waiting, I finally got my SE in the mail today (thanks again to DJTT, especially Zach, for helping with the shipping issue).

Now I have a few questions/problems:

1. The cross fader only starts fading (on my Traktor internam mixing screen) when it is like 50% pushed to the side I am fading in. Is this normal? I mean as long as the physical crossfader is in the "middle 50%" on the VCI, it will stay in the middle on the screen.

2. The pitch sliders seem to be off. In any setting I have it at (8, 10, 35, 50 or 100%) sometihng goes wrong. I know to click sift and move it for the physical and virtual one to match, but why does not it go the full 100% on any of the percent settings? like if i have it at say 50% for example and i move the physical one all the way up (lowering the tempo) the virtual one goes up only a little bit, instead of the full "50%"

Aside from that I have not found any other issues and am very satisfied.

-Gianmarco
    Last edited by GPS; 06-29-2010 at 08:15 PM.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Convert

As for your crossfader, there is a knob/switch/slider (sorry, not near my vci-100 atm) on the back of the vci-100 that you can simply turn to enable the sensitivity of the crossfader. It will have a graphic representation of the sensitivity loadout. I had the same problem my first week of owning one so I know how frustrating this can be

Well you can adjust the pitch percentage in the settings tool if thats what you mean...
    Check out my...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/glenboarder99
    http://soundcloud.com/glenboarder99
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Then you are golden....like Ean Golden.

1. The cross fader curve on the back of the unit is not set to your expectation. Turn it to full counter clockwise and it should be where you expect. Then turn it full clockwise for a "scratch" style chop. You will find you personal setting somewhere in between :-)

2. The pitch fader will not got the extreme on the Traktor screen because of the way it is set in the TSI. Go to Controller Manager in Preferences, click the VCI from the Device list, now scroll down to the first "Tempo" setting and click on it. You will see at the bottom of the window that Rotary Sensitivity is set to 40%. If you have the Transport Pitch Range set to 50%, the Rotary Sensityivity at 40% will give +- 8% pitch range regardless whether the Traktor screen shows full travel. If you would like this to be full travel on the screen, set ALL 4 "Tempo" settings to 100% and the Pitch range to 8%, now it will still be +- 8% but the screen will go full travel. Either way, you have the exact same pitch range.

If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask and enjoy your new VCI!

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pilmat View Post
    1. The cross fader curve on the back of the unit is not set to your expectation. Turn it to full counter clockwise and it should be where you expect. Then turn it full clockwise for a "scratch" style chop. You will find you personal setting somewhere in between :-)

2. The pitch fader will not got the extreme on the Traktor screen because of the way it is set in the TSI. Go to Controller Manager in Preferences, click the VCI from the Device list, now scroll down to the first "Tempo" setting and click on it. You will see at the bottom of the window that Rotary Sensitivity is set to 40%. If you have the Transport Pitch Range set to 50%, the Rotary Sensityivity at 40% will give +- 8% pitch range regardless whether the Traktor screen shows full travel. If you would like this to be full travel on the screen, set ALL 4 "Tempo" settings to 100% and the Pitch range to 8%, now it will still be +- 8% but the screen will go full travel. Either way, you have the exact same pitch range.

If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask and enjoy your new VCI!

Phil.
    All problems solved!

Much thanks guys

-Gianmarco
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud