best headphones for djing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

i use beats by dre. love them to death and i also paid half price. cant complain at all!

ctrld

when I first saw them I thought they were ridiculously overpriced due to the dre branding...

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    sennies hd25
    i previously owned (and broken) a pioneer hdj1000s - they were good while they lasted but sooner or later they will (i bet ya) BREAK on the hinge - a common problem with them

been using the hd25s for a number of years now and its solid as FXXK - nice sound nice build quality and last you long long long time - all parts are replacable so if in the future anything happens you can fix em
    i've had my 1000's for a year and a half and they've been working perfect.. thanks for the tip though, i'll watch out for the hinge

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    i'll watch out for the hinge
    all headphones of this type will break at the left hinge eventually, except those few good ones with metal parts (like the audio technica)

edit: and the hd25 of course, I've never managed to break my pair.

Tech Mentor

and even if you break something of the HD25, you can replace everything yourself

ctrld

yeah, I keep a replacement cable around at all times

Tech Wizard

I love my Sennheiser....

Tech Mentor

Obviously, there's a lot of good things said about the senns HD25.

My personal +1 goes to the Xone:XD-53s. Because those are what I use and I love them.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    sennies hd25
    been using the hd25s for a number of years now and its solid as FXXK - nice sound nice build quality and last you long long long time - all parts are replaceable so if in the future anything happens you can fix em
    I've had my HD25's for 12 years now, used them a college constantly in and out of mt bag, thrown around, put stupid volumes through them, replaced most of the parts along the way. I'm just replacing a driver now. Finally killed one. They are monitor headphones, not DJ headphones, but they are designed for field use, be that the sound guy of a location tv news team or a dj in a club. I hear that the HD25 MKII are supposed to be even better sound quality.

If you want something of a similar quality but built for DJing, then the Allen&Heath new ones are supposed to be amazing. But the price reflects that.

Im using the Technics rp dh 1200's, mostly because I like a big earcup, but it all comes down to personal preference if you like a smaller earcup I cant help you with that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast