best headphones for djing?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default best headphones for djing?

i was using bose around ear noise cancelling headphones which worked great but the cups are starting to disintegrate and i could use some new ones. are noise cancelling a good idea? what about beats by dre? best headphones for djing?

All high's, All low's...Must be Bose. Also, noise canceling, might not be the best choice for DJing. This question has been beaten to death. Search is you "friend".
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Student

I won't recommend the Beats by Dre. They're a hype item. Decent sound though, but definitely not suited for DJing. I don't know what your budget is but I've heard nothing but praise for Pioneer's HDJ-2000. Sennheiser HD-25 has been a legendary pair of headphones, although the new 600 ohm version isn't as good as the other versions out there.

Also check out this review covering a wide range of headphones:

http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/headphones_2010.php

Maybe not the "best" but I love my Sennheiser HD280 pros. There affordable and comfortable.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

sennies hd25
    i previously owned (and broken) a pioneer hdj1000s - they were good while they lasted but sooner or later they will (i bet ya) BREAK on the hinge - a common problem with them

been using the hd25s for a number of years now and its solid as FXXK - nice sound nice build quality and last you long long long time - all parts are replacable so if in the future anything happens you can fix em
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Can't speak for most other phones, but I swear by my HDJ-2000s.
    http://dj.wondershock.com
    VCI-100 SE V3/Axiom 25 MkII/Traktor Pro/Macbook Pro 15" 4GB Quadcore
    Focusrite Saffire 6/Pioneer HDJ-2000

Tech Wizard

i looked up the hdj 2000s and theyre so sick. hows the sound/bass quality? are they fairly durable?

Im curently using the Technics Rp-dj 1200 and i love them nice and small very durable.

Love the swing arm design on them.

Their quiet an old headphone i believe but their top class :P

If you are happy with the sound of the Bose headphones, why not carry out the hack shown in the DJTT article? Get a pair of ear defenders (<$20/£15 on ebay) and carry out a transplant of the guts from the Bose headphones into the ear defenders.

Get in there quick - this type of mod is gonna be all the rage, and you'll be ahead of the game if you do it now!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast