Vci-300 tsi - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Vci-300 tsi

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    If you select one or both pfl/cuechannels, the 2 led-stripes change to cue-mode. (with left-deck = left ledstrip and right-deck = right ledstrip, if one of the decks isn't playing no leds are on for that ledstrip) It's only in mode 1 when none of the pfl/cue channels are selected.
    Exactly.

So the PFL/CUE output to headphones is stereo, but the 12 left LEDs are for left deck cue-level, and the 12 right LEDs are for right deck cue-level.

When you disable all PFL/CUE selections then the LEDs go to "mode 1", aka start showing the master levels in stereo.

Tech Wizard

I wrote to native-instruments traktor forums about the LED problem:
    http://co.native-instruments.com/for...d.php?t=116679

Let's see if someone knows more about it there.

I also wrote to NI tech-support about it.. hoping for the best.

Tech Wizard

So.. based on the tips from NI forums I installed Bomes Miditranslator, and set up a virtual MIDI port, and set Bomes to do MIDI THRU between the VCI-300 and the virtual port. No filtering or translations at all, just simple routing/thru. In Traktor Pro Controller Manager I set the VCI-300 to use the Bomes virtual MIDI ports.

And guess what.. all the 24 LEDs work OK now!

Bomes only works 20 mins at a time so it's a bit difficult to use though

Tech Wizard

Again, very nice work!
    So apparently we need a full bomes license to be able to use it for more than 20 minutes? Anyone know any free alternatives that work on windows? (did a quick search, but didn't really find anything useful)

Maybe Bentosan knows an alternative, he's an expert in bomes from what I've read. Oh and he has/had (?) a vci 300 to make the "official djtechools mapping" so maybe he has some ideas.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Tech Wizard

Thanks!

I guess I should wait for an answer from NI and focus on finishing the rest of the functionality.. and keep the level LEDs disabled until a working solution (other than Bomes) is found.

Tech Wizard

Btw the VCI-300 LED map posted earlier (also attached to this post) is missing the bottom LEDs.. the LEDs are not visible at all in the image. The notes for the bottom LEDs are: E7 for the left bottom LED, and E8 for the right bottom LED.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pasik View Post
    Thanks!

I guess I should wait for an answer from NI and focus on finishing the rest of the functionality.. and keep the level LEDs disabled until a working solution (other than Bomes) is found.
    I got confirmation from NI support that this is a limitation in current Traktor Pro version (v1.2.6).

MIDI LED output will be handled differently in a future Traktor Pro version - there will be a separate thread doing the MIDI output so it doesn't cause problems to the audio playback thread, no matter how many LEDs you're controlling simultaneously.

So we'll just have to wait..

Looking at the Traktor Kontrol S4 announcement demo-video it looks like that device will have a lot of audio-level LEDs on it.. so I *bet* and hope this limitation will be fixed in upcoming Traktor Pro S4 version.

Tech Wizard

Ah, good to hear they're aware of the issue and are working on it.
    How's the mapping coming together, no other problems you encountered?
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Tech Wizard

It's still missing the loops (1,2,3) functionality.. I think and hope I get it done next weekend.. I'm busy with other stuff this week.

Quote Originally Posted by pasik View Post
    Looking at the Traktor Kontrol S4 announcement demo-video it looks like that device will have a lot of audio-level LEDs on it.. so I *bet* and hope this limitation will be fixed in upcoming Traktor Pro S4 version.
    the intergration between software and hardware on the s4 system is HID as opposed to MIDI, works smoother and faster with all the outputs.

did some digging and it turns out that itch probably uses HID to drive the LEDs on the 300 as well...

annoyingly HID support is a difficult thing to run on a 'generic level' (different devices use different signal packets) so chances are if software and hardware moves on to use HID instead of MIDI things could get a bit more pricey.

good news about separate audio and MIDI threads in a future update. i'd guess that's more than likely already in the new software (running alongside the HID side of things), and ready to go for a future TPro update, along with those cool little sampler decks.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast