Cheap VCI-100 Rip-off/ I-Mix Reload - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Actually it has less knobs.
    yea the VCI has 40 buttons and 19 knobs

I just bought the i-mix club edition for 300AUD, with the australian currency becoming worthless over the last month virtually i couldn't afford the VCI-100 which is now 1000AUD nor the VCI-300 which is now 1500 with a hefty wait. Late capitalism has made me impatient and impulsive, haha!

A good thing, is that Traktor pro recognizes it automatically, the downside is that Im embarrassed and will try and avoid divulging the type of controller I own, hehe! And i had to return it once becuase my pc wouldnt recognize the device initially.

A bad thing is that it has nothing, just a USB cord, probably the most base design ive come across, and aesthetically it aint no miss universe, to some the orange is hideous, to me its character building! Seriously it does look like a toy, though it works, and I will admit Ive had it for a couple of days and i still catch myself pulling up the specs of both VCI's and am already contemplating which one of my little cousins is going to find a orange i-mix club edtion under his tree!

Desinged in france, made in china (which explains the whole bypassing patents and intellectual property rights issue and getting away with it), and light as a feather!

Its fun, and works very easily, perhaps a little too easy(mapping and rewiring helps one develop a relationship with thier equipment in my opinion), though being completey objective, i think this type of controller is for a typical consumer as opposed to a amatuer, or semi-pro, or even pro digital DJ.

We have disposable camera's, now it looks like we will also have disposable midi controllers?

:eek: So true, we should make a list of crappy midi controllers that we have owned and that we need to beware of!

Quote Originally Posted by Laew View Post
    We have disposable camera's, now it looks like we will also have disposable midi controllers?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

looks like lego..
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin_papa View Post
    looks like lego..
    Ugly Lego! Here is what a Lego Controller looks like! (built by me, and parts taken from a PCR50)

haha thats awsome much better than the I-mix & its red!
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

haha thats awsome much better than the I-mix & its red!
    Oh, I have a thing for red and black. My dj mixer is red and black, my Remote 25 SL is red and black... next my Stanton players will get modded red and black as well, (but I will let a pro do that I think) I wish I could make my MAC red! haha

LOLz... You probably would only wear the black & read Air Jordan's too, if work would permit you too right?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

looks like lego..
    Hahaha, if it wasnt me who purchased it I would be laughing louder becuase it actually feels like lego,,,,cold and uncomprimising in its plastic ways!

Just to add some balance to my unobjective review above (i hope that french guy on the youtube clips doesnt read this forum), the i-mix club edition (oh how i feel sheepish calling it a "club edition") does have 6 EQ kill switches and is literally plug and play.
    Last edited by Laew; 11-28-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12