VCI 100 for Traktor Pro (User mapping)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI 100 for Traktor Pro (User mapping)

Well,

here's my TSI for you guys to use...

http://homepage.mac.com/jgcamil/FileSharing40.html

Notable things:
    Top left top buttons: control beatjumps up/down
    Mini black buttons: adjust loops up down
    adjust beatjump up/down
    4eq preset
    pan knobs: filters
    fx section a / b: knobs control amount of dry/wet, fx 1, fx 2, fx3 accordingly to each deck. If FX advanced is selected, they control parameters

Enjoy... leave feedback!
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

Tech Guru

will try tonight..Can you make a 4 deck config?
    Can I ask you why the file size is 2.1 mb ?..seems most are like 48k.
    I am a little suspicious of this file. It is quite large and unix coded.
    Last edited by claudek; 11-18-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Tech Wizard

Hi claudek,

dunno why the file is 2.1 mb... maybe is because it has almost every single knob mapped! The file works perfectly with my VCI 100... dont worry.
    I dont know how to make it a 4 deck tsi... can anyone help and improve on this?
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

Tech Guru

ah..I mis-read and thought it was for a VCI-300..

Default 4 deck mapping

Quote Originally Posted by jgcamil View Post
    Hi claudek,

dunno why the file is 2.1 mb... maybe is because it has almost every single knob mapped! The file works perfectly with my VCI 100... dont worry.
    I dont know how to make it a 4 deck tsi... can anyone help and improve on this?
    I'm working on a 4 deck mapping right now that will work with 1.2 with similar but improved functions for mixing and simple juggling, not scratching. I will post it as soon as I can get it above 90% functional, right now it's sitting at about 75%. Cheers

DJ Phaidon

Tech Wizard

BIG URGENT HELP:

How to assign the outer wheels to pitch bend using the cd-dj jog... i try to map it but I can only seem to pitch forward!

Have a Gig tomorrow and I need to use this!

Thx!

Default Pitch bend

BIG URGENT HELP:

How to assign the outer wheels to pitch bend using the cd-dj jog... i try to map it but I can only seem to pitch forward!

Thx!
    Pitch bend mapped to the outside of the jog wheels should be fairly straight forward. Each has a separate note value which should be as follows for 1.2 and 1.3.

Left
    forward A#3
    back B3

Right
    forward C4
    back C#4

you have to manually map them for forward and backward pitch bend, because they are separate commands. Also, the learn function doesn't work for this, or at least when I tried it didn't.

DJ Phaidon

Tech Wizard

Thks man. I only managed to get it going fwd but not slowing down... will try it tomorrow.
    Funny thing, I nuked the traktor preferences and now the pitch bend works like before...
    Wasnt this supposed to be the "Pro" version???

Will give u guys update on my first gig with pro...

Tech Guru

Default Pitch Bend solution for Traktor Pro

BIG URGENT HELP:

!
    This has grown into a huge issue on the NI forums, and somewhat less so on DJTT, and I think it deserves some clarification. Only a couple folks seem to know whats up with the tempo vs. pitch bend in TPro, so hopefully this can help simmer things down. I'll post in some other places too, to try and spread the word. Both pitch bending and tempo bending are available in TPro, though there is no dedicated MIDI command for pitch bend. Tempo bend works by allowing you to speed up and slow the tempo, without an audible change in pitch. Assign this to whatever controller you want (works fine on the outside of the VCI jog wheels). Pitch bending can be applied to the outside of the jogs using a combination of the tempo bend and cd-dj jog commands. Ean's VCI tsi separates these functions by allowing pitch bending (cd-dj jog) with the inside of the wheel when vinyl mode is turned off. If you want an inaudible bend, just use Tempo-Bend on the outside of the wheel. If you want an audible pitch bend on the inside of the wheel, use Ean's tsi. If you like an audible pitch bend on the outside of the wheel, do the following:

Set Tempo Bend as a Hold button. MIDI learn the outside of the jog for up. Set the value to "up". Duplicate and learn and set value to "down". Add a command for cd-dj jog. Learn the outside of the jog for up (same note as with Tempo Bend). Set button interaction as "inc". Set your desired sensitivity (I use "fine", most might want "default" or greater). If you click "auto repeat", the bend will continue as log as the jog is rotated. Duplicate and repeat for down, this time setting the interaction as "dec". That's it! Pitch bending just like T3.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

Hi guys
    seems the pitch bend issue has been solved.

Now, I'd like to see if anybody can help me by telling me how to add a hotkey or map to have a 4deck mix option for my VCI...
    Any ideas?

Much appreciated!
    jg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast