Traktor Sample Deck Mapping (I've done so far) Repost w/ working links!

Exclamation Traktor Sample Deck Mapping (I've done so far) Repost w/ working links!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YHJUrL838

This is a repost of my Apc 20 Sample deck mapping along with a mapping for the kontrol X1. For the apc 20, open and close ableton before traktor to put the apc into midi/dummy mode. I have included a ncc file for the x1 that you can open with NI's controller editor

The additional 2 pages of X1 mappings can be accessed by pressing shift + hotcue to enter midi mode. The first page has eq's and kills, filter + filter on/off for decks a + b, monitor buttons for all decks, volume + push down temp mute on rotary encoders, and the bottom 16 buttons work as a midi fighter.

The seconds page is accessed by holding down shift. This page has deck zoom + reset, deck seek + select store hotcue 1(Load),and Bpm
    + Auto Bpm on 3 of the push encoders. The row of fx buttons from L-R are Set beatgrid (This also opens up the grid panel which you can close with the zoom reset), Delete beatgrid, nudge left and nudge right. This page also has eq/ filter control but I couldn't get the soft takeover to work so the values jump.

PLEASE NOTE.. This second page works on the deck that is currently in focus which can be selected by using the row of fx buttons when the x1 is in regular mode, not the custom midi mode that I just explained:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my latest and greatest mapping for Traktor's Sample Decks using the Akai APC20. I have one action button per sample deck that changes it's function based on which modifies are engaged. I have 8 mods: Load, Play, Mute, Retrigger, Erase, Load from List, Copy from Loop Recorder, and Group mode.

On each Sample Deck I can halve, double, and reset the length of the loop, as well as sync the Sample Deck to the Master Tempo. I can also toggle between One Shot and Looped play mode.

My faders control Volume and Filter levels and the buttons above the work as filter on/offs and momentary mutes for the Sample Decks

When Copy from List is engaged ( Jean-Luc Picard style ), the up, down, and master buttons work at up, down, and collapse/expand in the browser tree. The cue level knob scrolls up and down in the track list.

Normally the cue level works as the dry/wet for the Loop Recorder and the Master button starts the recording. The shift button is play for the Loop Recorder. The button above that selects the loop size when the recorder is empty. The button above that deletes whatever is in the recorder and the button above that works as Undo/Redo when there is more than one layer in the recorder.

In Group Mode the Action buttons for the decks are as follows, from Left to Right: Group Play, Group Retrigger, Group Mute, and Group Play Mode.

I have a link to the tsi. and ncc. files below.
    Last edited by dj divine justice II; 02-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Nice mapping and good work! If NI hadn't announce the F1, I'd be getting myself an APC20 and using this mapping. And even then, if the F1s are much more expensive than the APC20, I am probably going to get it.

The only thing is, you're going to have to come up with a new mapping for TP 2.5 to take advantage of the 4 samples in each slot and the also the sample pages.

Hahahaha! But I'm sure you can do it.

BTW, I am also interested how you got the 4 sample slice buttons (red ones at the top) to toggle. What output did you map those to?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Convert

Where's this link? Got my hopes up. ha. off to work.

Sorry. Just added them

Tech Convert

Respect

Hey Divine. What happened to your Maschine mappings? Im very interrested, but they dont seem to be found anywhere?

hey divine, so I am new to traktor but not that new to midi, I have my apc20 connected and the tsi mapping on traktor pro2, the control light turns on whenever I press a button or move the knob, but the mapping doesn't quite work the way you show, everytime I press a button it is almost as if it disengages its function, any thoughts?