Akai LPD8 Mod Help
    Tech Convert

Default Akai LPD8 Mod Help

I might pick up the LPD 8 again, as I was told that the LED buttons responds correctly with the new Traktor Pro update.

Anyone who has one, or has opened one up, Do you think it is possible to physically rotate all the knobs so that I can place the lpd8 vertically rather than horizontally? Hopefully there is not too much soldering involved. Kinda imitating the Kontrol X1 per se

Tech Mentor

The LED's are not working natively with V. 1.2.4. However they work with setting a midi delay with midiox which is what I am currently doing.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Tech Guru

Svensat can you please explain I have 2 of them and would love to be able to set the LEDs correctly I thought it was a firmware problem with some older LPD8's that didn't allow it to have them be mapped

Tech Mentor

There is a workaround explained on the Native Instruments forum:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=111652
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Of course you can somehow mod the LPD8 so that the knobs fits with your vertical layout. I want to do that to... I also have my LPD8 vertical. But I haven't gotten that far yet =)

Please let me now if you find something out!

Hi guy's

I got some old Numark knobs that only fitted off center so when the lpd8 was vertical they were centered. I just need to adjust the white marks now. No soldering involved.

It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella