Custom APC40 for Rick-M Traktor Pro 4 deck
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Custom APC40 for Rick-M Traktor Pro 4 deck

I posted some stuff on here before about this mapping. I took some shots tonight with my iPhone and thought I would get your guys opinion on how I am using the APC40 with Traktor Pro. I am using 4 decks and yes all my L.E.D's work. They also flash when a deck is activated and effects are activated. If you have any questions let me know. I have custom knobs to help make the mixer more organized.

Feedback welcome.

Rick-M

had the idea for something like this some time ago. i like the way you realized it. you're motivating me on realizing mine too. thanks man!
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Tech Wizard

Yeah, I tried using some other ways of having the controller mapped. This is by far the best. It breaks down the controller into the 4 decks really easy and gives me all my effects and loop controls I need for each deck without having to switch through a bunch of banks. The only other banks I use are 2 and 3 for some effects, but I do have effects on bank 1 as well. I also have the L.E.D pads flash for play and sync. This works well for not having to always stare at the computer screen.

Tech Student

Default Looks Solid

Will def check it out and give you feedback...pm when you're ready to send it over

looks good rick-m. can you post the tsi and a pdf with visual explanation.

just wondering what the row of 8 buttons along hte bottom are being used for? as well as the collection of 24 smaller buttons above the faders. did you have to use a midi program to get the mapping functioning right?

Tech Wizard

The 8 buttons are the banks for the bottom 8knobs. The middle row of the bottom 24 are for the cueing into your headphones through your sound card. I didn't use any program, Everything was done through traktor using the in and out midi signals. The top and bottom of the 24 are currently empty. I didn't need them because all the effects turn on with the turn of the knobs they are located on. I do need to add a few more things to manage the gain control, but overall it works really well. I was trying to send the tsi. In a pm last night and it was not working. Let me know how and I'll be happy to share.

hey Rick-m, just pm'd you with instructions on how to PM. it's pretty easy. a little easier here to navigate than Native instruments site - imo. anyway, you could also just post it like anything else - like the pics you posted at the beginning of this post. then we can all just grab it if we want and you don't have to reply to a bunch of pm's.

Tech Convert

I'd like to check it out as well, if you wanna shoot me a PM. Really getting into Traktor and the apc40. Tried so many mappings I think I might try making my own soon too.

Tech Wizard

Hey guys i will be posting my TSI tomorrow for some of you to try out. I will also be posting my new pictures of the APC40 and how I have customized it for traktor. The TSi I will post is a simple version of what I am working on. I made some changes but they aren't ready for me to post yet. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

Tech Convert

Very cool! Can't wait to see it

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast