Numark Mixtrack help
    Tech Student

Default Numark Mixtrack help

I'm slowly getting back in to the DJ mindset after years of being in what must have been some sort of creative coma, I really love to DJ as a hobby but years ago was a mobile jockey. I bought a cheap controller and have a couple issues trying to make everything work properly.

The included mapping for the Numark Mixtrack is great but I want to know if there is a way to either change the mapping, setting, or adjust the effects in Traktor Scratch Pro in order to have the response of the platters to be 'slower' if that is the correct term, not a latency issue but I like to mess around with phrase scratching, I like to scratch the spoken word over beats but it seems like the platters won't allow me to manipulate the words in a manner which the words can be intelligible.

Maybe it is only my technique as I am very rusty at this point but any information would help me greatly.

My second and last issue for now. the included tsi file for the Numark Mixtrack serves its purpose and i'm very new to Traktor Scratch Pro but I want a combined map to run the Numark Mixtrack in conjunction with the Korg Nanopad, so can I edit the tsi to add the Korg mapping or how can i merge a self created Korg Nanopad map with the Numark Mixtrack tsi mapping I have?

Thanks for the great website, and thanks in advance for any information and assistance you can provide.

Cheers, DJ Doobie
    Last edited by Doobie; 08-05-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Incorrect spelling of product

Tech Student

Oh remembered a third issue, the spin up after you release the platter only works well if the platter is at a dead stop when you lift your fingers off or the platter is moving forward obviously when you lift your fingers off the platter, but if you are even going slightly in reverse and let go the response is far too slow I think for the track to start playing so would this be another mapping adjustment or a setting that can be changed in Traktor Scratch Pro