VCI-100 and Traktor 3.4 (Dj TT Special Edition) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hey Ean,

Sorry to point these out, but felt I had to

1. The SE 1.2 tks isnt downloadable / dodgy link.

You need to Right Click and "Save As" - I have upload a Zip file for clarity

3. the Loop shorten buttons deck a and b do not shorten enough/ sometimes dont shorten at all upon triggering. is there a way i can change this in the midi settings for those insane buildups rather than shortening on traktor with mouse?

You need to watch the video on creating build ups- there are 2 specific Traktor settings that need to be correct for this to work
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/3...m-roll-effect/

Quote Originally Posted by OllieThomas View Post

2. The beat masher settings "gut" and "rot" seem to change by themselves, or a possible switch is changing them.

Basically, if you have just used beatmasher, and you DONT hit the filter button but still twiddle the hi / lo pass filter knob, it will change settings for gut and rot. same for reverb and delay hmm. was this intentional?

There is only one FX slot per deck so unless you have engaged the filter, dont touch the filter knobs. There is no other way to accomplish this with Traktor. Each section is dedicated to a particular effect and if touched will effect the other fx in possibly undesirable ways.

can the jogwheels be assigned to pitch control in juggle mode without conflicting with the SE's firmware? 4 cue points and pitch control, like ean had in one of his earlier videos.

ANSWER:
    You would need to change the TKS file for that. Its easy though, just look for the page with all the cue point triggers and delete #5- then add the pitch control to the top of the jog wheel.

Tech Wizard

I think I may Know what the LOOP Shorten button issue is,
    as I had this issue after I downloaded the newer tks file.

If you open up the "loop end" window in the Traktor Interface. if the top row of 3 possible settings/rows, is not set to "/2".... you will not get that halfing effect of shortening the loop that you are expecting.

On my version, I was showing a setting of "Fine"... which.. would appear if you are not holding the button for a long time, nothing would be moving/shortening.

Give that a try. Once you set there.. Quit Traktor, and reopen and the preference should be saved on close of the app.

Hope this helps, as this is what I found to be my issue.

Ean,

After reading the VCI-100SE only works with Traktor 3.3 not 3.2, I went ahead and update from 3.2 to 3.3.2; after upgrading to 3.3 all the FX are working correctly on VCI-100SE. But now there are a hand full LED's not signaling when certain modes are activated. (using 1.2V) after upgrading.

For example Deck C LED is not on when I'm in DECK C mode is active nor is DECK C LED near the Hi/LOW Cut knob lighting up blue.

The CUE and not lighting up blue when using CUE for Deck A, Deck B, and Deck C.

The Loop activation LED (small red) in not lighting up either for some reason, I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issues.

Mark
    ANSWER

Sounds to me like you dont have MIDI-OUT to the vci-100 selected in the Traktor Midi interface :-)
    could that be it?
    MacBook Pro 2.33GHZ 2G-Ram
    VCI-100SE (Original Batch 1-100) "March 2008"
    Traktor Pro 1.2.1
    Audio Kontrol 1

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post

If you open up the "loop end" window in the Traktor Interface. if the top row of 3 possible settings/rows, is not set to "/2"....
    ty, that worked for me!

Ollie, in the loop end window, right click on the left box of the top row, and scroll down to "Loop/*2" and select that

Tech Mentor

any updates on 1.3 tks file?
    Im an update junky

Hey Guys, to keep this thread as simple and easy to read as possible- I have answered your questions directly in the posts. I also deleted duplicate posts that asked the same question.

thankyou guys. Now looping great
    Sony VAIO VGN-FE31M , Vestax VCI-100 SE , Microkorg

Fix for Gain knob volume jump after traktor autogain

I was having an issues with undesirable volume jumps when touching the VCI gain knobs after traktor had auto set the gain level for the track loaded in to a deck.

The way I fixed this was to go in to Preferences > midi set up > Deck gain (for both deck A + B) and checked the "Soft Takeover"

When selected the gain knob only activates once the knob position is relative to the gain setting in traktor, result: no more sudden volume changes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast