DJTechTools-Party 23 July 10 @ Tresor, Berlin ~information etc. here/help needed~ - Page 53
Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

On the other news: Everybody look out, Event coverage will be here very soon
    Even sooner than I expected it myself.
    Get your ass to the computer Arne. It's urgent!
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    Oh, you too, off course Mads No pun intended
    lol - no worries. Just having fun here

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Agreed, I heard Whyte uses the double- and triple airhorn all the time!
    You know i walk around like this all the time right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcvagVjOBbw

ctrld

apologies for the delay. the +4bar set recordings are rendering now. the quality isn't as bad as I initially thought - of course in some parts the levels were just plain scary, but I did my best to fix them and it turned out okay.

@hedgehog: I like your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kreativiTit View Post
    I totally forgot about the recording and that it might be a little more sensitive to clipping than the system
    I saw this coming - this is why I set the recorder's gain to -6db to provide some headroom both you and funk-a-tron almost managed to stay within this boundary, but mads & lasse really went crazy with the levels. call me uptight, but I don't think "the people wanted it louder" is an acceptable excuse for going this far and also very unfair to those who play afterwards... still, like I said, it's definitely not as bad as it could've been.
    Last edited by ctrld; 08-08-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

No Strip Steve liveset, sorry.
    Recorded it but mustn't unleash it since it contains unreleased tracks.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    I saw this coming - this is why I set the recorder's gain to -6db to provide some headroom both you and funk-a-tron almost managed to stay within this boundary, but mads & lasse really went crazy with the levels. call me uptight, but I don't think "the people wanted it louder" is an acceptable excuse for going this far and also very unfair to those who play afterwards... still, like I said, it's definitely not as bad as it could've been.
    I really dont want to get into an argument over this. As I described earlier, we just did want we thought was right at the moment.

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    I really dont want to get into an argument over this. As I described earlier, we just did what we thought was right at the moment.
    hey, I don't want to get into an argument over this either. if I wanted that, I would've simply turned down the gain knobs and started a fight or something, but that's not the way I do things

I'm just saying you could've thought about the DJs playing after you, not to mention the people on the floor - sending them home with a smile is better than with a tinnitus. also, it's too bad for your set recording. we can't change the past, but we can learn from it and avoid mishaps in the future. peace!

Come on dude, chill out. I could start re-argumenting, but like I said: I dont want to start an argument over this.

And belive me, people where sent home with a smile on their face! That was the point in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    And belive me, people where sent home with a smile on their face! That was the point in the first place...
    Hear hear... Livesets aren't always the best sounding dj sets, but it's more of "recapturing the moment" if you ask me.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

ctrld

I'm just saying that playing an entertaining set and keeping an eye (ear) on the levels isn't mutually exclusive. no reason to get worked up, it's all good.