Cup on Traktor PRO!! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Alright Mr Devil, Ill give it try tonight...I cant believe I got traktor pro 3 day before it came out but I really haven't got around to it until now...Go figure
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It happens. I've been playing with it but now I'm at the point where I'm going to sit and create my serious .TSI. Just debating on how many controllers I want to use (Definitely my Remote 25SL, but do I use my MidiFighter/PadKontrol (cue jumping, beat jumping, loops, loading etc.) and my VCI-100 (effects), or just the Remote, or only 2 of em? I'm all torn up)

Good luck with it. I'm putting together a more advanced Modifier thing, so if you have any questions on em hit me up.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Yeah I havent even got into the "mod" thing, im just mapping everything similar to T3 SE tks but Im putting all the controls for the fx on DECK C & triggering them from the sync button by the jog wheels next to play/pause/cue. I should make a video from my ghetto spin cycle studio.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I think I'm going to have to make a modifier video if I get the go-ahead on the script I wrote... heh.

Once you get into the modifier thing you realize just how much you really can do with controllers in T-Pro. It's a lot easier to code than Bomes, but it is a lot harder to edit later.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Dvls get a flight case then pack as many controllers as you can into it !

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think I'm going to have to make a modifier video if I get the go-ahead on the script I wrote... heh.

Once you get into the modifier thing you realize just how much you really can do with controllers in T-Pro. It's a lot easier to code than Bomes, but it is a lot harder to edit later.
    It is easy... but I still need Bomes for operations that can be performed on multiple decks at the same time, and for deck copying, and because Bomes is way easy to modify like you said.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

That's not a knock on Bomes at all I think some of the most interesting things can be done once someone combines Modifiers AND Bomes
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I personally think the code is neater if modifers arnt used at all - but thats just a personal preference. As long as you can turn your ideas into reality thats the imporant thing. Thing isas your setup grows and you code different things its much easier to expand bomes code than it is to go back and edit modifers ontop of bomes code. I have gone back combing and adding new ideas to existing code many many times and i cant immagine having to do all that inside of Traktors tiny little midi mapping window, it would send me insane lol.

Lately i have actually been thinking to have a TSI file that has is midi mapped to every single possible conceivable option the software has then using the appropriate midi messages as the output for bomes. This skips the midi learning process and would achieve a much neater TSI file in my opinion.

I think you're right, Bento. My big issue with Modifiers is it's just not easy to control after the setup has been created, even with my ginormous monitor. My issue with Bomes, though, is I need to code both Bomes AND Traktor. That's where my frustration comes in.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    My issue with Bomes, though, is I need to code both Bomes AND Traktor. That's where my frustration comes in.
    Thats what i was talking about with the idea i mentioned about making an all inclusing TSI file that does everything.

When coding Bomes it would only be a matter of looking at your midi map printout for traktor and assigning the correct outputs in traktor for what you wanted to do.

This TSI file could be shared amongst all so it would only have to be done once - but boy.. it is a big job !

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast