Omni Control 4-deck control for Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Omni Control 4-deck control for Traktor Pro

I have created a midi map for 4 deck control of Traktor Pro using a single Omni Control. I am attaching the .tsi file. Pitch Bend - and + select the decks in focus.

Pitch Bend - on left side selects deck A (default), Pitch Bend + on left side selects deck C, Pitch Bend - on right side selects deck B, and Pitch Bend + on right side selects deck D.

The Pitch Bend LEDs indicate the decks in focus. This is my first published midi map so any thoughts or comments would be appreciated, Thanks.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I just tried you tsi... it`s nice.In fact it`s very nice.
    I have figured out most of the functions but how do you activate the loops and how do you control the size of them?and have you put a REC button?and what does the Page button do?

Tom
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

Tech Wizard

You activate the loops, the same way as the default Omni Control LE map. You just click loop in on the starting of the loop and when you press loop out, you just loop back to loop in (and you stay in that look until you loop out, which can be pressed at anytime in the loop).

Hopefully that made sense, and I wasn't able to do anything about changing loop size yet, I am going to try to make loops changeable by using one of the free knobs.

I have not put in a record button but maybe I can include it in a future map.

As far as the "Page" button, I don't see a page button on my Omni Control so maybe you were thinking of another button?

Thanks for the comments, I will work on the Loop multiplication/division and post something soon

Cool,thanks for your response and as for the page button,it`s the one just under the song select rotary knob.

Maybe we can get an additional controller for the record,loop size,set hot cues,
    beat juggling and what ever else we need and tack it on that tsi.
    I`ll look in to it and see what can be done,and I`ll keep you posted.
    Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    Tom
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

Tech Student

Great effort! It is always good to see support for the Omni Control on this board as it is so VCI-100-centric. If you could somehow merge your mapping with DJStormEagle's Total Control mapping (also in this section of the forum), you would have the perfect Omni Control mapping with 4 deck controls and some basic controls for beat-juggling, looping, and full control of the effects. Thanks a lot for your mapping! If I have some free time, I will attempt to add a few more functions and post it back here...

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by athtsak View Post
    as for the page button,it`s the one just under the song select rotary knob.
    Maybe we have different versions of Omni Control cause on mine, that button is called "Directory". I didn't change it from its default functionality which toggles the rotary knob's browse type between directories (folders) or files (songs) depending on it's toggle state.

Quote Originally Posted by athtsak View Post
    Maybe we can get an additional controller for the record,loop size,set hot cues, beat juggling and what ever else we need and tack it on that tsi.
    I have recently purchased a midi-fighter solely for Select/Set+Store Hotcue, That is the function for all 16 buttons on that midi controller. And actually I have started a mapping for loop control and hot cue editing on my Korg NanoPad. I haven't had alot of time to mess with it lately but I should have something going in the next few days.

Thanks for the support

Tech Convert

here is another free mapping for omni control and traktor pro 1.2.6 http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/_...ing.aspx?id=84
    page-button is modifier 1, it switches between decks a-c and b-d
    it also alows to browse in tree and open folders there, the pitch bend minus on right side show status of modifier 1. in browser mode its possible to load tracks into all decks. modifier 8 is the track-button it switches to fx-mode, its possible to control 2 advanced fx (fx1+2) with the buttons and knobs in effects- and global-section on omni contol. with the jogs, faders, ph vol and ph mix the chained fx are fun
    with buttons cue, key and sync u can load 6 fx-templates. have no solution for the ledstatus to be updated after loading such a template so i decided to let them all active.

with the pitch-bend-buttons u can control the loopsize in both modes.
    in fx-mode u can change effects with load-track, loop, and cue->
    would be nice to get some feedback and bugreports.
    sorry for my bad english

Tech Student

thank you...

Tech Student

any idea why it comes up i dont have privledges to download tsi zip?

Tech Student

how i know if i have been installed the mapp and how installing? tks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast