APC 40- LED Ring Glitch, Loop Size + Set dilemma

Default APC 40- LED Ring Glitch, Loop Size + Set dilemma

So I was attempting to map some stuff in my apc.

Firs:
    I wanted to have the 3 eq knobs(high, mid, and low), and filter to give have an output to the led ring around the apc knobs. made the output, but when i slowly(meaning slowly with precision) turn the knob away from the center, it begins to skip back. It will practically do a couple of flashes until it gets back to the center.

Second:
    I mapped the "Loop Size + Set" on the matrix. In channels 5-8 on the F3, F#3, G#3, and A3 buttons. When I try to make an output for them, the led will not work, it will either just have some random LED action, or light up when i turn off the loop action. Inverting does not work.

Some help would be great.

Thankz

Quote Originally Posted by mmreavermm View Post
    So I was attempting to map some stuff in my apc.

Firs:
    I wanted to have the 3 eq knobs(high, mid, and low), and filter to give have an output to the led ring around the apc knobs. made the output, but when i slowly(meaning slowly with precision) turn the knob away from the center, it begins to skip back. It will practically do a couple of flashes until it gets back to the center.
    I think that's because they are 'endless' but the controls within traktor aren't. got a mate with an apc and when he gets so far round it jumps back to start. mainly because it's (technically) not the right kind of encoder.

to make sure though, can you list up the settings you have for LED output on those?
    controller & midi range min/max and invert/blend on or off?

Second:
    I mapped the "Loop Size + Set" on the matrix. In channels 5-8 on the F3, F#3, G#3, and A3 buttons. When I try to make an output for them, the led will not work, it will either just have some random LED action, or light up when i turn off the loop action. Inverting does not work.

Some help would be great.

Thankz
    can you describe the behaviour you're after? you just want it to light up solid colour when in loop?

Based on the description i'm guessing you're mapping an OUT for Loop size + set and have the controller range set wrong (check out this LED guide i put up).
    In the controller range you'll want the same number in both boxes and the numbers relate to the options in the IN dropdown box (where you set the loop size for the map).
    IN List // OUT number
    --- // -1
    /32 // 0
    /16 // 1
    /8 // 2
    /4 // 3
    /2 // 4
    1 // 5
    2 // 6
    4 // 7
    8 // 8
    16 // 9
    32 // 10

so what ever loop size you're using that needs to be in both controller range min and max boxes.

however, if you then change your loop size while playing that'll mess the OUT up again, i'd recommend just setting an OUT for 'Loop Active'

set controller range min @ 0 max @ 1
    uncheck invert and blend
    and set the midi min and max to which colour/states you want for off and on

Off (0), Flashing Green (1), Green (2), Flashing Red (3), Red (4), Flashing Orange (5) and Orange (6).

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

can you describe the behaviour you're after? you just want it to light up solid colour when in loop?

Based on the description i'm guessing you're mapping an OUT for Loop size + set and have the controller range set wrong (check out this LED guide i put up).
    In the controller range you'll want the same number in both boxes and the numbers relate to the options in the IN dropdown box (where you set the loop size for the map).
    IN List // OUT number
    --- // -1
    /32 // 0
    /16 // 1
    /8 // 2
    /4 // 3
    /2 // 4
    1 // 5
    2 // 6
    4 // 7
    8 // 8
    16 // 9
    32 // 10

so what ever loop size you're using that needs to be in both controller range min and max boxes.

however, if you then change your loop size while playing that'll mess the OUT up again, i'd recommend just setting an OUT for 'Loop Active'

uncheck invert and blend

Off (0), Flashing Green (1), Green (2), Flashing Red (3), Red (4), Flashing Orange (5) and Orange (6).
    I just wanted them to be orange when not in loop and flash orange when in loop.

I'll add a copy of the tsi and you can take a look.

I split them up when i was making the mapping, it was annoying to go through them

I just wanted them to be orange when not in loop and flash orange when in loop.

I'll add a copy of the tsi and you can take a look.

I split them up when i was making the mapping, it was annoying to go through them
    just map the following OUT on each button

Loop Active
    Note number
    Assign to relevant deck
    Controller range min 0
    Controller range max 1
    Midi range min 6
    Midi range max 5
    Uncheck Invert and Blend (think you uncheck blend for loops, bit tired at the min, try both ways one will work)

and with the knob light rings, talked with my mate, he got round it by mapping a button for 'send monitor state' as an IN. only have to hit it once at beginning of session and everything like that sorts itself out.

SoundCloud

and with the knob light rings, talked with my mate, he got round it by mapping a button for 'send monitor state' as an IN. only have to hit it once at beginning of session and everything like that sorts itself out.
    I'm confused, what do you do?

I'm confused, what do you do?

when you click add IN, go to gloabal, select send monitor state and map it to a button. this forces traktor and the apc to sync up their outputs/leds.

SoundCloud

just map the following OUT on each button

Loop Active
    Note number
    Assign to relevant deck
    Controller range min 0
    Controller range max 1
    Midi range min 6
    Midi range max 5
    Uncheck Invert and Blend (think you uncheck blend for loops, bit tired at the min, try both ways one will work)
    Just got to doing that, just gives more random behavior when i press the button on the apc. If i do it from the computer it is perfect

when you click add IN, go to gloabal, select send monitor state and map it to a button. this forces traktor and the apc to sync up their outputs/leds.
    And that does not do much either.

I feel like a douche now
    Last edited by mmreavermm; 06-14-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    I think that's because they are 'endless' but the controls within traktor aren't. got a mate with an apc and when he gets so far round it jumps back to start. mainly because it's (technically) not the right kind of encoder.

to make sure though, can you list up the settings you have for LED output on those?
    controller & midi range min/max and invert/blend on or off?

IN List // OUT number
    --- // -1
    /32 // 0
    /16 // 1
    /8 // 2
    /4 // 3
    /2 // 4
    1 // 5
    2 // 6
    4 // 7
    8 // 8
    16 // 9
    32 // 10

uncheck invert and blend

I didn't exactly understand what I need to write Min and max to get loop size led.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz343 View Post
    I didn't exactly understand what I need to write Min and max to get loop size led.
    if you want it lighting up for a certain size, set the min & max boxes to the relevant 'state', so if a 1 beat loop then 5 & 5, if a 16 beat then 9 & 9

SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    if you want it lighting up for a certain size, set the min & max boxes to the relevant 'state', so if a 1 beat loop then 5 & 5, if a 16 beat then 9 & 9
    Thanks