So is anyone using the SCS3 System? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

I will map my scs.3m for the FX section and will see if it's a good alternative to the Kontrol X1.

Actually, the Led feedback of the FX section could be a good deal ^^

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lol4k View Post
    I will map my scs.3m for the FX section and will see if it's a good alternative to the Kontrol X1.

Actually, the Led feedback of the FX section could be a good deal ^^
    Its perfect from my point of seeing...
    I just realised that the nanoKontrol faders would do a better job then the knobs to control FX amount.
    But I still lack led feedback, because of that I still need to use the damn soft takeover when I change the chosen FX (I've maped the knobs to change FX)
    And I can't point and shoot with only one finger too... I need one finger to the fader and other to the button that to the FX ON...
    More and More I'm wanting this scs.3m

Tech Wizard

Althought, I love the FX fader of the vestax vci-100 SE and I don't know if I realy need an other controller to control FX...
    Totaly lost with these controlers

Tech Wizard

Well, just in case anyone needs any further proof that you can rock out with these beasties, here's a couple of pics of me playing in Guarana, Ibiza, with just my laptop and scs.3m for company.

Tech Wizard

Well, just in case anyone needs any further proof that you can rock out with these beasties, here's a couple of pics of me playing in Guarana, Ibiza, with just my laptop and scs.3m for company.
    Great Pics !
    Then, how do you use your scs.3m ? (what are you controlling in traktor?)

Tech Wizard

Basically the way I have it set up:

• The laptop keyboard is mapped to all the transport (play/pause/pitchbend etc.) as well as looping and cuepoint controls.
    • The mixer handles mixing and EQ duties
    • The scs.3m handles the 4 fx decks. The strips along the top are the filters, the three faders underneath work the fx params, and the long throw faders below are the wet/dry. When pressed on their own, the buttons handle the fx on/off and paramater buttons, but when you hold down "FX" and a button at the same time, it lets you choose which decks are sent to which fx (indicated by purple/blue lights on the buttons).

Tech Wizard

Thx !

Really nice set up

Did you need to use bome's for the "hold down + button" function (with the switch of led feed purple/blue)?
    Or just mapping it in Traktor ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RufusWhite View Post
    Basically the way I have it set up:

• The laptop keyboard is mapped to all the transport (play/pause/pitchbend etc.) as well as looping and cuepoint controls.
    • The mixer handles mixing and EQ duties
    • The scs.3m handles the 4 fx decks. The strips along the top are the filters, the three faders underneath work the fx params, and the long throw faders below are the wet/dry. When pressed on their own, the buttons handle the fx on/off and paramater buttons, but when you hold down "FX" and a button at the same time, it lets you choose which decks are sent to which fx (indicated by purple/blue lights on the buttons).
    I really think to setup like you when I got my 3m...
    And for loops and cue juggle? What else do you use?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lol4k View Post
    Thx !

Really nice set up

Did you need to use bome's for the "hold down + button" function (with the switch of led feed purple/blue)?
    Or just mapping it in Traktor ?
    There's no Bome's or DaRouter in use here, the FX button actually sends midi messages also when pressed, so it's possible to use the modifiers within Traktor to get this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff
    I really think to setup like you when I got my 3m...
    And for loops and cue juggle? What else do you use?
    I just use the laptop keyboard for these funtions - cue points are mapped to the funtion keys (F1-F8), which is fine for the amount I use them (I'm not doing crazy cue point juggles like Ean, just using them so I can make sure parts of the track playing hit exactly when I want). My looping controls:

• Spacebar activates a loop
    • Enter sets a loop of the active length
    • +/- increase or decrease the loop length in the box under the waveform
    • [ / ] move the loop backwards and forwards
    • ( / ) set loop in/out
    • shift + [ / ] move the loop start point
    • ctrl + [ / ] move the loop end point
    • shift + ctrl + [ / ] beatjump by the loop length

Fus

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast