So is anyone using the SCS3 System? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
    the scs3m does not need the darouter software at all, it's programming is built in, so it makes a nice single unit for fx controls and a usb hub.
    This is how I'm using it too, you only need to make the midi mapping in Traktor and put the unit into midi mode (it shows you how to do this in the manual).

Fus

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Imfromthafutur

I agree completely. You can't DJ with those things at all.
    Mannnn this guy is amazing, and i don't even like to scratch while djing psytrance...
    But DJing is like an art, you dont have to love the style of the music, you can admire the DJ and his techniques, timing, tricks, etc

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/Imfromthafutur#p/u/16/BHHFtGn5EqM[/ame]

Tech Guru

Can I plug my two korg nanokontrol to a SCS.3M and then plug the 3m to my pc?
    will my korg driver recon my two nanos and the 3m as separated controllers?

Yes, but you may have to use the A/C adapter so it is a powered usb hub with 2 ports.

Tech Wizard

EvenThough, with a SCS.3m, you have less controls than with a Kontrol X1...

If you consider the scs.3m only for the FX section, the + than the Kontrol X1, is that you could control more effects in the same time but ...
    I had never heard a good sound with 3 or more effects activated at the same time ... IMO

Tech Guru

EvenThough, with a SCS.3m, you have less controls than with a Kontrol X1...
    The X1 is a great controller, but it is what it is. The SCS.3m can be used stand alone as a mixer controller, FX controller, etc. But it can also work as part of a system, to which you can add SCS.3ds or SCS.3ms. You could control 4 effects with a single SCS.3m using bank switching, or you could chain 4 SCS.3ms together and have hands on all 4 effects at once. And unlike the X1, you get LED feedback on your effects parameters, so you're not chained to your screen. And you're only taking up one USB port.

And before you say it, no you DO NOT need DaRouter or a specific preset to do this. The SCS.3ms are great stand alone controllers, and we built them to work just as well alone as with DaRouter and our presets.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    The X1 is a great controller, but it is what it is. The SCS.3m can be used stand alone as a mixer controller, FX controller, etc. But it can also work as part of a system, to which you can add SCS.3ds or SCS.3ms. You could control 4 effects with a single SCS.3m using bank switching, or you could chain 4 SCS.3ms together and have hands on all 4 effects at once. And unlike the X1, you get LED feedback on your effects parameters, so you're not chained to your screen. And you're only taking up one USB port.

And before you say it, no you DO NOT need DaRouter or a specific preset to do this. The SCS.3ms are great stand alone controllers, and we built them to work just as well alone as with DaRouter and our presets.
    I agree with everything that nem0nic said above... And I don't even have a SCS.3m...
    I will never (yes never) buy a X1... they are overpriced for what they do... You can control so much more with SCS.3m and in a unique way.
    With SCS.3m you can still map those powerfull multi function knobs that Rafik and Craze used at their videos plus you don't need two full hands to control two function knobs/buttons (yes, you need one full hand per knob to twist it )...
    You do need only two FINGERS to control it... And you can trigger directly to a value with the touch strips, you dont need to turn a knob really fast to achieve the dry cut or dry trigger of a function, it's a simple point and shoot with only one finger. If you want to gradually raise or lower a value is possible too, with only one finger (again :P )

Man, compare the Korg nanoKontrol with the Kontrol x1... do you really see so many differences that worth the $150 bucks more?

Last edited by V-Hoff; 06-02-2010 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Mannnn this guy is amazing, and i don't even like to scratch while djing psytrance...
    But DJing is like an art, you dont have to love the style of the music, you can admire the DJ and his techniques, timing, tricks, etc

http://www.youtube.com/user/Imfromth...16/BHHFtGn5EqM
    He sped that video up, he admits it in the comments

I was going to say, that video was cool but unhuman speed for moving that quickly.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    He sped that video up, he admits it in the comments
    yes, i've figured that after a second look at the video, but anyway, even with the speed down we can see that the scs.3d allow him to do some awesome routines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast