Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping - Page 7
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

i didnt see any of the midi mapping at first. Had to update traktor to make it work. I think this will sort your problem.

Hi Mate,

The first thing I need to ask , do you have a 2 or 4 Channel soundcard? If you are intending to use 2 deck mixing then AB Deckalized mapping may be the one for you.

Here's the link to TSI file

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14435

There's also a very handy video By Ean Golden that explains how to install the file & get rocking with the Midifighter. : )

---------------------------------------------------

From troubleshooting point of view , you should check that you have the latest firmware. If you are using the MF from the first batch then it needs flashing with new firmware, if new batch then there should not be a any issues.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11511

Let us know how you are getting on, hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

M

Midifighter, VCM 100, Macbook, EKS Otus

Tech Convert

I have a question again, so I updated the software and got everything rocking, but then I got the EVO5 mixer today (for some reason cant get the scratch vinyl to work)

But I would like to run two midi fighters, one turntable and have it all going through the evo5 and traktor. Would these TSI maps allow for this?

I have a question but I don't want to sound stupid . How does Ean use his mixer with the 2 midi fighter , can someone put up a diagram of how to wire the soundcard to the mixer . Which settings to you put the soundcard input and outputs I have an audio 8 . Everything else is working fine i am working with the 2 midi fighters and vci 100 se .As for now I am working all out of channel 1 one my mixer . My goal is to have vci on ch 1 mf 1 on ch 2 and mf 2 on ch 3 is there a way to do this all help would be greatly appreciated .
    MBP13",TSP,S4,F1,2TT,ABELTON 8 SUITE,PRO TOOLS 9.(Music Is My Solice)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by S the B View Post
    I have a question again, so I updated the software and got everything rocking, but then I got the EVO5 mixer today (for some reason cant get the scratch vinyl to work)

But I would like to run two midi fighters, one turntable and have it all going through the evo5 and traktor. Would these TSI maps allow for this?
    what sound card are you using? depending on the answer - yes.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaygee View Post
    I have a question but I don't want to sound stupid . How does Ean use his mixer with the 2 midi fighter , can someone put up a diagram of how to wire the soundcard to the mixer . Which settings to you put the soundcard input and outputs I have an audio 8 . Everything else is working fine i am working with the 2 midi fighters and vci 100 se .As for now I am working all out of channel 1 one my mixer . My goal is to have vci on ch 1 mf 1 on ch 2 and mf 2 on ch 3 is there a way to do this all help would be greatly appreciated .
    You can do it on External mixer Mode & Use the Deckalized mapping for Midifighters,

On Audio Routing :

Deck A - Audio 1 - 2 Out (VCI 100)
    Deck B - Audio 3 - 4 Out (MF 1 )
    Deck C - Audio 4 - 5 Out (MF 2)

Then when you have a look at the midi-editor on Traktor Pro , you need to allocate the device target VCI100 - Deck A , MF1 - Deck B , MF2 Deck C

If you are using Audio 8 Soundcard , you could use the 4th Deck as an Audio Through channel & use A mic etc to add FX or CD/Truntable/Drum-machine.

This can add a fun-dimention to your mixes & some added goodness.

Let me know how you are getting on.

Cheers,

Matti

Tech Student

Everytime I load the mapping onto traktor it loads a bunch of functions for the keyboard, but nothing for the midifighter.
    What could be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by trickstep View Post
    Everytime I load the mapping onto traktor it loads a bunch of functions for the keyboard, but nothing for the midifighter.
    What could be causing this?
    Are you using import option on the bottom left corner next to setup wizard?

When you use that choice, the new map will over-write the existing mappings.
    So treat with caution...

However I would recommend using this approach when installing MF TSI file as you will want to have the FX Routings correctly to get the most of your mapping.

Tech Student

Default No Rec

Hey, So I downloaded the 1.0 version since me version of traktor pro is 1.22 but now the Rec function doesn't work. I mean the slicer is activated when I press the button, but it doesn't chop up the loop into 8 bits.

Maybe I'm missing something?

The current version of Traktor Pro is 1.2.6

Please make sure you get the latest update via Service Center.

Please make sure you follow Ean's step by step guide as per video on the first page of this thread , that should be pretty fail-safe way to get it working straight away.

M

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast