Midi Fighter Deckalized Mapping - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

bravo on the deckalized focus mapping!

Tech Mentor

Quick NOOB question - why when I hit freeze does the track completely stop rather than a frozen echo? If I do freeze plus delay then it seems to work better.

I Ean's video he just hits freeze and gets echo on track playing ... mine just stops all sound coming out of that deck.

Tech Mentor

Anyone on the Freeze/Feedback button? It works sometimes but just cuts the tune others and can't work out why. Is it that an old feedback is still running in the background?

Tech Wizard

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    This has completely blown me away! SO SO SO SO amazing! Cannot believe how good this is!
    Well done guys, just as I was getting jealous of the Novation Dicer, this mapping blows my face off!
    Well done!

Only thing I've noticed, on the Deck Focus mapping, Deck 2 FX Send 2 keeps turning off as soon as you touch any buttons, meaning it doesnt let you control any of your delay and stuff on deck 2?

Any help
    +1
    yeah i have the same problem

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by flashflooder View Post
    Good observation Hammer. It's a bit confusing at first but pushing any of the Filter/Echo/Delay/Record/Roll buttons (all 8 buttons in the middle rows) will turn the appropriate FX bank and type ON to the current Focus Deck and OFF of all the other 3 decks. This way, you cannot accidentally assign an effect to two different decks without realizing it.

Another reason behind this is that some of the effects (i.e., "Roll" aka Beatmasher) sync up to your tempo but there is a slight delay on the initial instance the FX bank gets turned on a Deck. Because of this we have the FX units turning on and staying on once you press any of the Filter/Delay/Roll (FX Bank 2) buttons.

For example, if you switch decks from A to B (after using a Roll on Deck A) and want to use a "Roll" on Deck B, FX Bank 2 will turn off Deck A and on Deck B.

It's a bit of an odd concept at first so please let me know if my explanation is causing more confusion than help.

i dont get that exact behaviour

playing around on deck A everything works as it should when its highlighted
    however when i change to deck B effect 2 never gets switched on. Even if i manually press efefct slot 2 and then start to press a effect button on the MF it switches off

im using vci arcade and MF

Tech Mentor

Default 2 Midi Fighters.. Deck A/C & B/D How?

I have 2 midifighters Id like to switch my Midi Fighter 1 from A/C and 2 from B/D is this possible? I saw a A/B mapping , Anyone know how I can Map this out? What commands to add in?

Tech Mentor

Open up the d.eck focused Midi mapping and scroll to the bottom and the Midi commands for deck selecting should be there from memory

Tech Convert

Default Midi

when using my midi fighter alone it works fine but im trying to us it with my vci-100 se and it does not work right when the vci is hooked up?

Tech Convert

me too

Quote Originally Posted by ridim View Post
    i dont get that exact behaviour

playing around on deck A everything works as it should when its highlighted
    however when i change to deck B effect 2 never gets switched on. Even if i manually press efefct slot 2 and then start to press a effect button on the MF it switches off

im using vci arcade and MF
    Make sure to use the "Deck Focus Select" button (Shift+Sync) to change Deck Focus'. Do not manually change the Deck Focus with your mouse or else Traktor and the MF can get thrown off a bit in terms of turning effects on and off specific decks.

I am working to fix this in a future update but for now, if you are using a FOCUS tsi then only use the Deck Focus button to change Deck Focus'.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast