help mapping vci-100 (kills/vinyl mode)
    Tech Convert

Default help mapping vci-100 (kills/vinyl mode)

hi, after lurking these extremely helpful forums for a while, i have picked up a vci-100, and i am starting to make a custom mapping for it, (to be shared once completed!) but have run into a couple of problems- no doubt the first of many!

firstly, how do i map the EQs so that when turned completely to the left they activate the kill- i have tried to copy the mapping from another .tsi but i am unable to replicate it for some reason- it just seems to want to activate the kill when it is turned to the right

secondly, is there any way to change which button the 'vinyl mode' is mapped to? i cant seem to work out which option it is in traktor on the 'add in...' list

if it makes any difference i am using traktor pro 1.2.1 and vci firmware 1.2

thanks for the help

Hi,

Unsure about the question related to vinyl mode, but unless im mistaken, the firmware version 1.3 added the functionality so that kills are turned on when the eq's are turned all the way to the left.. I think it can still be done using fw1.2, but only through use of an external program such as bomes...

I maaay be wrong though...
    Hope this helps in atleast some way..

fusion.
    Black VCI-100 SE Arcade #220/350 with white buttons / knobs & faders
    Audio 2 DJ
    HD 25-1 II SE

Ok..

Mapping an eq kill to a rotary when its full right seems odd. I assume you mean left ? Otherwise you'll be stoking up the gain on that frequency, then cut it off completely.

Even if you mean left (not right), full right is almost total kill anyway, so unless you're aiming for complete silence via all three kills, then there is not much point.

The mapping you have been copying may have been based on the 1.3 firmware unit, where the vci sends another note when the rotary hits the end point. If your unit is 1.2 I don't think it will do it.

Unfortunately, without external tools like bomes, there isn't even a work around I can think of.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

As for the vinyl button, the midi it sends itself, is not supposed to be used by traktor. By pressing the vinyl buttons on and off, it changes the notes and cc's the jogs send out, so this is a hardware function that can't be easily moved.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Convert

thank you! I thought that may have been the case for the vinyl mode- i only wanted to move it to where the sync button is, so i could use the 3 buttons above the jogs for looping functions- do you think it would be possible to move it manually with a bit of re-wiring? or is its position determined by the circuitboard?

i wasnt aware that it added in extra midi notes, should have done some more research first! will have to put my mapping on hold for a while then as i was planning on upgrading the firmware anyway

in the meantime, can anyone point me in the direction of some tsi files that utilize the xone (4 band) mixer setting in traktor, i have had a search but no luck
    Last edited by taylor; 05-28-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Tech Convert

ignore
    Last edited by taylor; 05-28-2010 at 11:47 AM.