Using highs, mids and lows for another effect

Default Using highs, mids and lows for another effect

Ok so I'm mapping my Hercules by myself and it's coming along. I have one issue or question though I'm not sure about.

I have a button I toggle. It turn on effects unit 3 and/or 4 even though I'm only planning on using 2 decks. 1 and 3 are chained, 3 and 4 are advanced. As a result, I needed knobs to use for the 3 and 4 effects controls. So I used the highs, mids and lows. Now they only effect 3 and 4 if my button is toggled, so it's no problem. When not toggled, they resume their normal job of high, mid, low.

My question is this... Now when I turn the nobs to use for the effects control and say it's all the way to the left or right, whenever I turn off the effects 3 or 4 (toggle button), all my highs, mids and lows go to that position and it messes with the sound then you know, because they're not centered anymore...

Could you please tell me what the solution is? It seems like it would be something simple.

Bump

You'll either have to use a shift button with a modifier to change the functionality of the EQ section, or you will have to find the EQ controls in the midi controller section and simply delete them erasing the EQ controls completely. Let me know if you need a step-by-step ^.^

If you could go into a little more detail that would be great! Thanks for the help so far!

so your toggel button is a modifier which changes your EQs to FX.
    if that's correct, soft takeover is the answer to your question. just mark it for every knob
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    so your toggel button is a modifier which changes your EQs to FX.
    if that's correct, soft takeover is the answer to your question. just mark it for every knob
    For both EQ's and FX? Or just one of the pair?

I just tried it with just the EQ's since that was the problem area. Worked like a charm! Vielen Dank! Ich wusste nicht, dass es so einfach war!
    Last edited by Gryz; 05-29-2010 at 04:03 PM.

no problem..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst