Traktor Pro TSI w/o any firmware update ??

Default Traktor Pro TSI w/o any firmware update ??

Hey Fourmsters,
    I'm new to the board and have bought my VCI-100 a few months ago.
    I live in South Korea and purchased the Black limited edition color but it's not a SE version, I have upgraded to Traktor Pro recently and have been messing around with it trying different TSI and default settings but can't get all the things to work as I thought.. like multi FX, looping, scrolling views ect.
    Question? DO I have to purchase the firmware install and do the DIY on my set up for all these to work? I watched the Youtube vid & it looks a bit dated, also it seems that this was only a PC version and not for a Mac.
    I was looking at getting the overlays and getting them shipped over, but if I have to do a DIY install that could be a bit scary.. My soldering skill is quite shit
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers
    MacBook 13"- N.I. Audio Kontol 1- Vextax VCI-100 - N.I.Traktor Pro - M Audio BX5A

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

These two threads should get you sorted out.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871

You don't need to do any soldering to upgrade the firmware. You do need the firmware upgrade kit though.

http://techtools.myshopify.com/produ...-upgrade-cable

This video explains it pretty well and all of the links needed are underneath. You do need Windows to run the software, but I was able to do it with my MacBook Pro running Windows XP in Boot Camp.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/08/1...-100-firmware/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Thanks alot mate..
    I will check those out..
    I am still abit nervous about opening up the unit, I have been getting some good results with a few of the other TSI files but I might consider the firmware update.. I haven't used bootcamp before so, I will do some more research.
    Cheers
    MacBook 13"- N.I. Audio Kontol 1- Vextax VCI-100 - N.I.Traktor Pro - M Audio BX5A

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The Bootcamp Assistant is in your Utilities folder which is in your Applications folder. Open it and print the pdf guide provided, that should get you started. You will have to have a full version of Windows though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

There are some good tsi's out there for the 1.1/1.2 firmware units. Have a search on the forums.

However, I would suggest getting the 1.3 flash update done, because it takes the unit to another level, and cures some annoying bugs.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Thanks moonie,
    I'm actually using your TSI right now..
    I am seriously considering the upgrade, and maybe just try using a mates PC to run the update instead of trying to configure my MAC to run windows..

I'm having trouble now after loading the TSI file for 2 decks, when vinyl mode ins on deck B it won't start with the stop start button, only it scan mode is on. Also in scan mode no pitch mod on the jog wheel. If I push Vinyl mode while playing it will stop the track. Not a problem with deck A. The jog wheels work fine for vinyl mode and pitch.. How can I fix this? >>>> Oh snap... I fixed it.. someone was feckin w/ my sensitivity.. problems solved.. I'm still a newbie in this controllerizm world..
    Last edited by Language; 06-01-2010 at 01:37 PM.