Pay'd for a Gig - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pay'd for a Gig

We are playing at a cafe in a couple weeks and charging $500 + renting of our new PA's. thats for 3 of us mind. Should charge extra for having to play dnb lol.
    Basically don't play for free, EVER, but don't charge too much either, its a fine balance huh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Saturday club resident (for 9 years)...

$300 cash/night plus open bar all night for myself and guests.

+ first dibs on special events (private parties, fashion shows, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    i see, i'm cheap- we dont got any real club here just some lousy discotheques and house partys..

@sarasin: refering to your avatar, you know this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesth...or_synesthesia

YES!

Funnily enough, i saw it again this week on Heroes!

HEHEHEHE

I do have it slightly.....in a way.

I have always associated colours with numbers.

Since i was a kid.

Name the number...and I will tell you its colour.

Its not the real thing....just a tick in my head i rate.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

My regular gig a 10% of bar for the duration of our slot ... if I play in London it tends to be aroud £40 an hour or so, with free drinks and food.

Most of the time I just play for the enjoyment - round Bristol it's not like DJs are hard to find.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Jack Bastard

I've got two monthly residencies and no real inclination to find any more gigs, but I get record allowances that cover 95% of my record buying habit each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    I've got two monthly residencies and no real inclination to find any more gigs, but I get record allowances that cover 95% of my record buying habit each month.
    Yer Brizzle aren't you? Where are you playing?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Jack Bastard

In Bristol I play for Duvet Vous, we just did a night in Lab last weekend. We're doing Timbuk2 on Sunday of the next Bank Holiday (weekend after this one). Apparently one of us is meant to be doing the big Unity party in Lakota this weekend but I don't even think they asked us before putting our name on the poster.

;D

Motion have contacted us about doing things on the terrace over the summer but we're slack and haven't arranged anything yet.

FB group for Duvet: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5284387411

In Exeter I play for The Magic Hatstand in The Cavern, first Friday of every month. We'll be putting on a deep house, disco and funk weekender in Cornwall in July, and doing a tent at the excellent Aeon festival in August.

FB group for Hatstand: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8929543602

/end promo

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    In Bristol I play for Duvet Vous, we just did a night in Lab last weekend. We're doing Timbuk2 on Sunday of the next Bank Holiday (weekend after this one). Apparently one of us is meant to be doing the big Unity party in Lakota this weekend but I don't even think they asked us before putting our name on the poster.

;D

Motion have contacted us about doing things on the terrace over the summer but we're slack and haven't arranged anything yet.

FB group for Duvet: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5284387411

In Exeter I play for The Magic Hatstand in The Cavern, first Friday of every month. We'll be putting on a deep house, disco and funk weekender in Cornwall in July, and doing a tent at the excellent Aeon festival in August.

FB group for Hatstand: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8929543602

/end promo

Good pimping skillz there chap - you're worse the Ewan Hoozami :P

I just do the Purple Radio gigs at the Big Chill bar - if you ever need a super-sub to do and funk/nu-funk/broken beatbreaky/hip-hoppy nonsense, I'm sure you could find me on here or on Hijack.

Oh and if you ever need any guys who play similar stuff in Exeter, I have a couple of top blokes down that way, similar stuff to me though verging on the straighter house/disco edge than I do, give me a bell

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
    Good pimping skillz there chap - you're worse the Ewan Hoozami :P
    I'm a rank amateur compared to him in fairness. I don't even like having my name on flyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teiresias View Post
    I just do the Purple Radio gigs at the Big Chill bar - if you ever need a super-sub to do and funk/nu-funk/broken beatbreaky/hip-hoppy nonsense, I'm sure you could find me on here or on Hijack.

Oh and if you ever need any guys who play similar stuff in Exeter, I have a couple of top blokes down that way, similar stuff to me though verging on the straighter house/disco edge than I do, give me a bell
    We may well need some djs for 2nd room business at Duvet over the next year or so, I'll keep you in mind mate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123