Pay'd for a Gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay'd for a Gig

Tech Mentor

$40.

I charge between £20-40 an hour depending on the night of the week and the size of the club. That's usually based on a full night, though. 4-5 hour set.

Having said that, it's taken me 11 years to build up to that kind of money. I spent a lot of that time getting paid less than the bar staff.

Tech Guru

first gig, two hours of easy work. I wouldn't charge much. 50 bucks......and hand out cards. Use it more to make connections, meet people, etc. The cash on top is "beer money"

An event like this I would do it for FUTURE money.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    first gig, two hours of easy work. I wouldn't charge much. 50 bucks......and hand out cards. Use it more to make connections, meet people, etc. The cash on top is "beer money"

An event like this I would do it for FUTURE money.
    x2, you do not charge big $$ until you prove you can make a club/bar top $$$.

I'd say $50 for that gig. In general I end up making $20-$50 per hour at most of my gigs.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

I got 100 euros for 4 hours of fun.. wasn't too hard, easy money

i've generally averaged £10/hour in the past (almost get that now at work), been a while (3 years) since doing a paid gig though, couple of unpaid ones in that time, but went through a stage of not wanting to play out *shrug*

looking at getting back on it again properly, now with the added midi and inflation etc... (lol) over last few years i'd hit more for £20/hour

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

For a bar type gig, $100+ for four hours. For a mobile dj type thing, $100 per hour. For a club, or some place where you are expected to do more than crossfade, maybe closer to $200 for four hours?

Once you get yourself established, on top of the heap, and in great demand, you can get away with charging closer to $400 or $500 for a club gig. For now, stick with $25-30 per hour.

It also depends on where you are in the lineup. If you're the "headliner" for that night, charge more, if you're just opening for somebody, charge less, and for gods sake don't bang out the bangers.

Tech Wizard

yup yup i've already been tooling around with my playlist and i've made sure that there's nothing that will be too abrupt and no random intense songs.. it's all mostly chill house/progressive house

fun stuff

Ya alright 50$ sounds about right.. i've got my cards.. pretty excited
    Gear:
    - Behringer BCD3000 "Goldeen"
    - HDJ 1000's "Metapod"
    - Macbook White (old generation) "Ponyta"

i see, i'm cheap- we dont got any real club here just some lousy discotheques and house partys..

@sarasin: refering to your avatar, you know this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesth...or_synesthesia
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast