Mapping for touch OSC for iphone/traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I could use some serious help from the TouchOSC gurus from this thread. I was able to create my template using the TouchOSC Editor, & port it to the Ipad. I'm using Windows but have yet to be able to successfully test midi in Pure Data. I used the touchosc2pd script to export the controller to a patch & have edited the Pure Data file as best I can but for the life of me I can't seem to successfully get an osc signal from the Ipad to Pure Data. Would anyone mind taking a look at my patch to see if everything looks ok? Please I really need some help! Thanks!
    Last edited by Bruiser Smith; 12-23-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Tech Student

Hi Arovia, Thanks so much for your template, I cant wait to use it...

1 problem, probably very simple.

I have synced the template to touchosc without problems, and loaded the OSCulator file also. Within traktor I have loaded the .tsi file and selected it, then in the controlled manager 'devices' section selected - "Generic MIDI (All ports, OSCulator in (2111))"

When I click close and then open the controller manager again it has reverted to "Generic Keyboard".

When I move controls on the iPad the 'midi' signal light flashes but the signals don't seem to be assigned to the controls. Also with "Generic MIDI (All ports, OSCulator in (2111))" selected the assignment table remains blank.

Could you shed any light on the potential problem?

Thanks a lot,
    Aucky

p.s. this is what i see in traktor (the midi light still flashes on with any control input on the ipad but with no apparent result) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7...01229at182.png

Tech Mentor

I figure that I would add my own TouchOSC template to the thread.

It's currently focused on cue point selection, loop control and beat/loop movement, it also has snap/quantize buttons.

It's basic, and it needs work (I am going to add a shift button under the deck label).

I will expand as I find need to, since I have a bunch of diy hardware midi controllers to use, I have limited uses in mind for TouchOSC until I get my hands on an iPad...

Zip file below contains the TouchOSC template, the Traktor tsi mappings (one for each deck), and a pure data patch.

Deck A sends on channel 6 and deck B sends on channel 7

In the loop control section:
    < is Loop IN
    > is Loop OUT

Screenshot:

Tech Student

Having problem getting the FX bank to work
    Last edited by drummo; 10-25-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Tech Guru

hey im running into some problems

iphone has the files in there they are loaded up
    i imported .tsi file in traktor

osculator is loaded up it say port 8000 is already in use can someone help me out i wanna use this tonight when i play out
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

is there a guide for how to connect touchosc on iphone to traktor on a pc? can't find one really or i think im kinda getting it but i don't have the oscalator file that i think i need link or file someone? or help in general would be awesome :3
    Current Gear/Setup: Traktor Kontrol S2, Midi Fighter Classic, Sony MDR-V700 Headphones, Odyssey FZGSTKS2M Traktor Kontrol S2 Glide Case, Razor Orochi Mouse, ASUS U43J 14-Inch Laptop

Very grateful to you for sharing

Very grateful to you for sharing

Hey guys ,can anybody help me out with mapping for Wiimote and OSC on my mcabook pro for Traktor pro! That would be just great ,because i can't find information about it...
    Peacr

Hey there, I would really like to use TouchOSC with Traktor just to control the channel faders and EQ. Is this possible? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast